Chicken Shashlik Sizzler Ingredients:
Chicken Shashlik Sizzler Recipe
- 500 gm boneless chicken-cut into fairly large cubes
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cub yoghurt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- chilli powder to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2-3 capsicums
- 2 onions
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- chaat masala to garnish
- 1 teaspoon Corn Flour dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
How to make Chicken Shashlik Sizzler:
- Prepare a marinade first by combining vinegar, garlic and ginger paste, chilli powder, black pepper,coriander powder and salt and the cornflour mixture and yoghurt and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Dip the chicken cubes and leave them overnight in fridge ( if you leave them for a short period the flavours would not be enhanced).
- just before preparing the dish take out this marinated mixture and the bread crumbs.
- Cut the capsicums, onions and tomatoes almost the same size as chicken cubes.
- Thread a piece of tomato, onion and capsicum into the skewer and follow with a piece of chicken.
- Repeat this till all the pieces are threaded on the skewer.
- Pour whatever juices there may be over the prepared shashlik and place over a drip tray.
- Brush with oil. Bake in a preheated oven 20-25 minutes, till cooked through and browned at the edges
- Just before taking out the skewers, brush some oil on the pieces and turn the heat to full to get some charring on the pieces to get the slightly burn smell.