Recipes for sindhi
Sindhi Gosht Ingredients:
Boneless meat mutton or beef 1 kg
- Marinate for 4 hours with
- Salt 1 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tbsp
- Zeera powder 1 tbsp
- Dry dhania powder 1 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Onions chopped 2
- Vinegar 3/4 cup
How to make Sindhi Ghost
- Cook the meat with little water when tender, add 1-cup ghee.
- Let it cook well until the ghee starts coming out.
- Add saunf 1 tbsp + crushed red chilies 1 tbsp, add 1/4 cup water.
- Keep it on the stove for a few minutes.
Your Sindhi Ghost is ready to serve.
Sindhi Kadhi Ingredients:
- 1 medium Potato
- 2 small Drum sticks
- 100 grams Yam
- 56 nos. Ladies fingers
- 1 small Brinjal
- 1 small Lotus stem
- 2 small Carrots
- 11/2 cups Gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon Chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 4 nos. Green chillies
- 67 nos. Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Clove Cinnnamon powder
- 1/4 cup Tamarind paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Ghee
- 56 cups Water
How to make Sindhi Kadhi
- Wash, peel and chop the vegetables into thick fingers or chunks. Heat ghee in a deep bottomed pan, add the chopped brinjal and fry till lightly crisp. Drain and keep aside. Add the lady fingers, fry till lightly crisp, drain and keep aside.
- To the ghee, add all the masala seeds and allow them to splutter. Add the gram flour and stir fry till light brown. Add ginger, chillies, curry leaves, chopped vegetables and stir well. Add hot water and bring to a boil, stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Add turmeric, salt, sugar, tamarind extract and mix well. Simmer till the vegetables are 3/4th cooked. Add lady fingers and brinjals. Simmer again till completely cooked.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve hot with rice.
Sindhi Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 2 cup basmati rice (chawal)
- 1″ piece cinnamon (dalchini)
- 5 cup water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 clove (laung)
- 1 black cardamom
How to make sindhi fried rice:
- Wash rice gently.
- Put in colander and stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a deep heavy pan.
- Add whole spices, stir.
- Add rice carefully.
- Stir fry very gently with a spatula for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, cover and bring to boil.
- Simmer covered, till rice is cooked and water has evaporated.
- Press a grain, it must mash on putting pressure.
- Do not overcook.
- Add more hot water if required.
- Serve hot.
Chicken Sindhi Biryani Ingredients
- 1-1 1/2 kg mutton
- 1 kg basmati rice (soaked in water for atleast 1/2 an hour)
- 1/2 kg potato (cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 kg tomato (chopped)
- 250 g yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 medium onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste (Lehsan)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (Adrak)
- 8 green cardamoms (Chhoti Ilaichi)
- 4 black cardamom pods (Bari Ilaichi)
- 10 cloves (Laung)
- 10 pieces black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (Zeera)
- 1 cinnamon stick (Dalchini)
- 2 bay leaves (Tez Patta)
- 250 g oil
- 6 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (Dhaniya)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves (Podina)
- 2 pinches yellow food coloring
- 10-15 prunes (Aaloobukharay)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 black cardamom pods
How to make Chicken Sindhi Biryani
- Slice the onion and fry it in oil until it is light brown. Take out 1/4 of it and keep aside.
- Add Garlic (Lehsan), Ginger (Adrak), tomatoes, prunes (Aaloobukharay), salt, chili powder, cloves, cardamoms, Black Pepper, (Kali Mirch), Cumin Seeds (Zeera), and cinnamon to the remaining fried onions.
- Fry this until the tomatoes are tender and the water is dry.
- Then add meat, yogurt and water (if desired) and cook on medium heat until the meat is tender and the water has evaporated.
- On other side boil the potatoes until they’re half cooked.
- Now, add green chillies, mint, coriander leaves, and the half boiled potatoes to the meat. Simmer for 2, 3 minutes. Your meat curry is done.
- Boil the rice with salt, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and black cardamom and drain the water off when the rice is half done.
- Layer the curry with the rice in a pot in one on one layers. Sprinkle the food color, fried onions, and chopped mint leaves on top of the last layer.
- Close the lid tightly making sure no steam passes out of the pot and cook on low heat until the rice is done.
- Gently mix it before serving.
- Serve with Raita.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1½ hours