Recipes for shrimp biryani
Prawn Biryani Ingredients
Bay leaf number 2
- Coconut milk ml 50
- Coriander leaves tbsp 1
- Fresh grated coconut tbsp 1
- Ghee/Oil tbsp 2
- Green chilli number 2
- Lemon juice tsp1
- prawns (shelled) grams 600
- Rice (Basmati) grams 300
- Salt to taste
- Sliced onion cup 1/4
- Turmeric powder tsp 1/2
- Whole garam masala tsp 1
How to make Prawn Biryani
- Pick, wash and soak rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Shell, Devein and wash the prawns.
- Heat Ghee or oil in a thick-bottomed pan. Add bay leaves and Whole Garam Masala Let it crackle. Add sliced onion, sauté till the onion turns pink.
- Add water, turmeric powder, lemon juice and green chillies slit into two. Bring it to boil and add rice. Cook for a minute and add prawns and coconut milk. Season with salt. Stir lightly.
- Stir till rice absorbs all the water and then cover it with a lid and cook it on a slow fire till rice and prawns are fully cooked.
Prawn Biryani is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 7 min
Cooking Time : 25 min
Standing Time : 5-8 mins
Yield : 4 (4 servings)
Shrimp Biryani Ingredients:
- 1 lb Shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Medium chopped Onion
- 1″ Grated Ginger Piece
- 2 cloves Crushed Garlic
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2/3 cup Grated Coconut
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Cashewnuts and Raisins
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 cup Ghee or butter
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
How to make shrimp biryani:
- Soak the rice in normal water for 20 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of green chilies, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts & coconut.
- In a pan heat 3 tablespoons of butter or ghee and add half of the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the paste to the onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimps and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well so that all the shrimps are coated with the cooked masala and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan heat 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee and fry the bay leaves and add the remaining onions and fry until the onions are golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add the peas, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cup of water.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it stay for 15 minutes or until the rice is almost done on a low flame.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a serving bowl mix the shrimps and rice together.
- Cover the bowl with the aluminium foil. Put it in the oven for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- When done add the lime juice and garnish the shrimp biryani with fried cashewnuts and raisins.