Recipes for shrimp
16 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- One and a half tsp lemon juice
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp
- 16 (1-inch) cantaloupe cubes
- 16 (1-inch) honeydew melon cubes
- 16 (1-inch) fresh pineapple pieces
- Pineapple slices, if desired
How to make Shrimp, Melon and Pineapple Kabobs
- 1Soak skewers within water at least 30 minutes prior to using to prevent burning. Meanwhile within small bowl, blend sauce ingredients; put aside. At the same time thread shrimp, melon as well as pineapple pieces onto Sixteen wood skewers.
- 2Set stove control to broil. Location kabobs upon broiler skillet with tops 4 to 6 in . from warmth. Brush kabobs along with sauce; broil Eight to ten minutes or even until shrimp change pink, turning once as well as brushing often with sauce. For everyone, stay kabobs into fresh pineapple slices, in the event that desired.
Shrimp, Melon and Pineapple Kabobs is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 16 kabobs
Prawn Biryani Ingredients
Bay leaf number 2
- Coconut milk ml 50
- Coriander leaves tbsp 1
- Fresh grated coconut tbsp 1
- Ghee/Oil tbsp 2
- Green chilli number 2
- Lemon juice tsp1
- prawns (shelled) grams 600
- Rice (Basmati) grams 300
- Salt to taste
- Sliced onion cup 1/4
- Turmeric powder tsp 1/2
- Whole garam masala tsp 1
How to make Prawn Biryani
- Pick, wash and soak rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Shell, Devein and wash the prawns.
- Heat Ghee or oil in a thick-bottomed pan. Add bay leaves and Whole Garam Masala Let it crackle. Add sliced onion, sauté till the onion turns pink.
- Add water, turmeric powder, lemon juice and green chillies slit into two. Bring it to boil and add rice. Cook for a minute and add prawns and coconut milk. Season with salt. Stir lightly.
- Stir till rice absorbs all the water and then cover it with a lid and cook it on a slow fire till rice and prawns are fully cooked.
Prawn Biryani is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 7 min
Cooking Time : 25 min
Standing Time : 5-8 mins
Yield : 4 (4 servings)
Tandoori Tiger Prawns Ingredients:
4-5 jumbo prawns
- 2 1/2 tsp hung curd
- 5 tsp cream
- 1-2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp yellow chilli powder
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 2 tsp corriander leaves
- salt to taste
How to make Tandoori Tiger Prawns
- Put prawns in a bowl, add all the ingredients to it and mix well.
- Marinate for two hours.
- Cook in the tandoor or grill in the oven at medium temperature for about 15 minutes or till well done.
- Tandoori Tiger Prawns is ready to serve.
Shrimp Quesadilla Ingredients
1/4 pound of medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp of lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 jalapeno or serrano chile, finely minced and/or dash of chile
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium-sized flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Dollop of sour cream or crema fresca
How to make Shrimp Quesadilla
- If you are starting with frozen raw shrimp, defrost them by placing them in a bowl of ice water until defrosted. Then poach the raw shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes in boiling water, remove from pan with a slotted spoon, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. If you are starting with frozen cooked shrimp, you can defrost them in a bowl of ice water or lemon juice with ice.
- Place strained cooked shrimp in a bowl. Add lime or lemon juice, some chopped fresh jalapeno or serrano chile and/or a dash of chile powder (can also use chipotle chiles or chipotle chili powder) to desired level of heat, green onion, and cilantro. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10 to 30 minutes. Strain out the juice.
- Heat a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high. Add a small amount of oil (about 1/2 teaspoon) and spread it around the bottom of the pan with a spatula (you could use butter as well). Place one flour tortilla on the skillet. Flip the tortilla over a few times, 10 seconds between flips. Air pockets should begin to form within the tortilla. Remove the tortilla and repeat with the second tortilla. Leave the second tortilla in the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
- Sprinkle the tortilla with the grated cheese. Distribute the shrimp mixture on top of the cheese. Place the other tortilla on top. Using two spatulas (one to hold the top in place) flip the quesadilla over when the bottom tortilla is nicely toasted and the cheese has begun to melt. Remove the quesadilla from the pan when the now bottom tortilla has toasted sufficiently.
- You can also use just one tortilla instead of two, and fold the tortilla over itself like an omelette.
- Cut like a pie into six pieces. A pizza wheel works well for this. Place on a serving plate. Serve with avocado slices and sour cream. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Shrimp Quesadilla is ready to serve.
Shrimp Cocktail Dip Ingredients:
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can small shrimp, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
How to make Shrimp Cocktail Dip
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve with crackers.
- Shrimp Cocktail Dip is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup catsup
- 1 -2 tablespoon horseradish (to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
How to make Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
- Mix all ingredients and chill.
- When ready to serve dip shrimp and enjoy.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Shrimp Ceviche Ingredients
1 pound medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 4-6 limes)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cucumber, peeled diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
How to make Shrimp Ceviche
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water, salted with 2 Tbsp salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute to 2 minutes max, depending on size of shrimp. (Over-cooking the shrimp will turn it rubbery.) Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
- Mix in the chopped red onion and serrano chile. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
- Right before serving, add the cilantro, cucumber, and avocado.
Chipotle Lime Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Ingredients
12 large, raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Zest from 1 lime
- Juice from one lime (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (or more to taste)
- 6 strips thin bacon, cut in half (12 pieces)
- Skewers (for grilling) or toothpicks (for oven)
How to make Chipotle Lime Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Mix together in a small bowl the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, and chipotle powder. Put the shrimp in the lime chipotle mixture; make sure each piece is well coated.
- Spread the bacon pieces out over several layers of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with another layer of paper towel. Microwave on high until the bacon fat begins to melt but the bacon is still pliable, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Prepare grill on high, direct heat (if grilling) or preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Working one at a time, wrap a half piece of microwaved bacon around each piece of shrimp. If you are grilling, thread the shrimp onto long, flat skewers (flat skewers make turning the shrimp on the grill easier). If you don’t have flat skewers, I’ve used two thin bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes beforehand) to the same effect. If you are using the oven, secure each the bacon onto the shrimp with toothpicks. Place the bacon-wrapped shrimp on a slotted baking pan (lined with foil inside for easy cleaning). Brush remaining lime chipotle mixture on the outside of the bacon-wrapped shrimp.
- Grill uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or bake in the oven for 10-14 minutes, until shrimp is pink and the bacon is crisp.
- Chipotle Lime Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is ready to serve.
Ceviche Shrimp Ingredients
1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 10 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, or to taste
- 2 avocados, diced (optional)
- 2 ribs celery, diced (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Ceviche Shrimp
- Place shrimp in a glass bowl and cover with lime juice to marinate (or ‘cook’) for about 10 minutes, or until they turn pink and opaque. Meanwhile, place the plum tomatoes, onion and jalapeno (and avocados and celery, if using) in a large, non-reactive (stainless steel, glass or plastic) bowl.
- Remove shrimp from lime juice, reserving juice. Dice shrimp and add to the bowl of vegetables. Pour in the remaining lime juice marinade. Add cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently to mix.
- Ceviche Shrimp is ready to serve.
Prep Time:45 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:55 Min
Twice Cooked Coconut Shrimp Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
How to make Twice Cooked Coconut Shrimp
- Peel, devein and wash shrimp. Dry well on paper towels.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the ice water. Stir to blend.
- Pour the coconut into a shallow pan. Dip the shrimp one at a time into the batter, then roll the shrimp in the coconut. Once coated, place each shrimp into a frying pan of oil heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly browned; about 4 minutes.
- Bake the fried shrimp in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 5 minutes.
- Make the dipping sauce: combine marmalade, mustard, honey and hot sauce in a small bowl. Mix well. Serve the shrimp and dipping sauce side by side.
- Twice Cooked Coconut Shrimp is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:45 Min