Sheer Khurma Ingredients
- 2 liter of milk
- 1 litre water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 dried dates
- 6-8 whole cardamoms
- 1\4 cup ghee or butter
- 6-7 seeds of cardamom (crushed).
- 1 cup of vermicelli (sayaiyan)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almond
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1tsp kevera essence, diluted or 1\4 teaspoon., if concentrated
How to make Sheer Khurma
- Soak 3 dried dates and coconut in water for 2 hours, until soft. then thinly slice them.
- In a pot add milk, water, 5 dried dates and cardamoms and simmer on low heat for about 2 hours or until about 1 1\2 litre milk is left. Strain milk through a fine sieve. Discard the dates and cardamoms and reserve milk.
- Heat ghee or butter in a heavy based pan add crushed cardamom seeds, when the