Recipes for shahi
Shahi Fish Ingredients:
2 Fishes (head and tail removed)
- 2 Onions(chopped)
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 /2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 6 Garlic Flakes
- 1 /4 tsp Asfoetida
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Paste of:
- 1 Ginger
- 7 Cashewnuts
- 1 /2 Dry Coconut
- 1/2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Powder of:
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 /2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder
How to make Shahi Fish:
- Cut fishes into pieces.
- Wash the fish pieces and then pat them dry.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying.
- Add the fish pieces to the heated oil and fry till golden brown.
- Take the fried fish pieces out of the pan.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan and fry chopped onions till they turn golden brown.
- Remove the onions and keep separate.
- In the remaining oil add asfoetida and cumin seeds.
- Make a paste prepared by grinding all the ingredients of the paste in a mixie.
- When seeds start fuming, add the paste and allow it to seethe for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 tbsp water if necessary.
- Also add the powder mixture and salt.
- Fry the mixture on low flame till oil starts appearing on top.
- Seethe it for another 3-4 minutes and then put the boiled pieces.
- Add cream and mix it properly. Cook again for about 2-3 minutes.
- Shahi fish is ready to serve.
Mughlaee Chicken Boti Ingredients
Boneless chicken cut into small cubes, 1/2 kg
- Coconut, desicated 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts, roasted and powdered 18
- Garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Red food colour 2-3 pinches
- Green chillies, coarsely ground 8, seeds removed
- Fresh coriander and mint, 3 1/2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Butter / oil 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 6 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Mughlaee Chicken Boti
- In a bowl mix all the spices and make a thick paste. Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator. Grease a baking tray with butter or oil, spread marinated chicken cubes on it and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes till chicken becomes crispy and tender.
Turn the chicken over halfway through baking. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with parathas or rice.
- Mughlaee Chicken Boti is ready to serve.
Shahi Murgh Musallam Ingredients:
- 10 flakes garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- Salt To Taste
- 1 cup curd or plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 chicken
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3/4th cup shelled peas
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 large onions (finely chopped)
- 225gms/1/2 lb tomatoes (peeled & sliced)
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 8 cloves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 brown cardamom
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp roasted coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp saffron strands
How to make chicken murgh musallam:
- Mix three-quarter of garlic with half the ginger, half the garam masala, 1 tbsp. salt, 1/3rd of turmeric, half of curd and the lemon juice and mix to paste.
- Make small cuts in the chicken flesh and rub the paste all over and in the cavity. keep aside for 2 hours.
- Half cook the rice with peas, remaining garlic , 4 cloves, peppercorns, 1/2 tsp. salt, brown cardamom and 4 bay leaves and water and use to stuff chicken.
- Heat the ghee in saucepan and fry the chicken until brown all over, being careful not to let the stuffing out. Drain the chicken.
- In another pan fry half onions in the remaining ghee with 2 bay leaves, remaining cloves and green cardamoms, until golden.
- Add the remaining turmeric and chili powder. Make a paste grinding together the coriander and cumin seeds and the remaining onion and grated ginger.
- Cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until the ghee starts to separate. add the remaining curd, the tomato and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add the chicken to the pan and baste with the spice mixture. Pour over 300ml/ 11/4 cups of water, cover and cook in a moderately hot oven (200 degree centigrade, 400 degree Fahrenheit, gas mark 6) for 1 hour.
- Steep the saffron in the remaining garam masala powder and coriander leaves before serving murgh musallam.
Shahi Pulao Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice (chawal)
- 1 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 1 tbsp raisins (kismis)
- 2 tbsp paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (shahjeera)
- 2 sticks cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 3 cardamoms (elaichi)
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed fruits (any stewed fruit)
- 1/2 tsp saffron (kesar) strands
- 4 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
How to make Shahi Pulao:
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Drain and cool.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cashewnuts. Remove and keep aside.
- Fry the raisins in the same ghee. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the shah-jira, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and green chillies to the ghee and fry again.
- Add the rice, paneer, green peas, fruit pieces, paste and salt and mix well.
- Warm the saffron a little, rub in a little warm water and add to the rice.
- Decorate with the fried cashewnuts and raisins.
- Serve hot with curds or curry.
Shahi Chicken Biryani Ingredients:
- 6 cups Rice (basmati)
- 1 kg Chicken
- 3 tbsps. Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsps. Clarified Butter
- 5 nos. Onion (red, thin sliced)
- 3 nos. Potato (peeled and cut)
- 30 gms. Ginger (paste)
- 30 gms. Garlic (paste)
- 5 nos. Green Chilies (paste)
- 10 gms. Coriander leaves (paste)
- 2 tsps. All spice powder
- 4 tbsps. Yoghurt
- 4 tbsps. Tomato (Puree/paste)
- 3 tbsps. Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsps. Turmeric Powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsps. Milk
- 23 drops color (orange recommended)
How to make Shahi Chicken Biryani:
- Marinate the chicken with garlic, ginger, coriander, green chillie, tomatoes paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, dry garam masala powder,salt and yoghurt and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Cook rice separately (do not cook fully. keep it semicooked), add salt, sprinkle it with color and keep aside.
- Heat milk, put pinch of zafran and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan. Deep fry half the quantity of onions and all the potatoes till onion is golden brown.
- Remove both from the pan and keep aside.
- Fry the remaining onion in the same oil till slight golden brown and put the marinated chicken. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Take a separate utensil, put ghee and 1 tbsp of oil, half quantity of semicooked rice, all fried potatoes and half quantity of fried onions and milk of zafran.
- Put the cooked chicken on top of it and then cover it with the remaining semicooked rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and rest of the fried onions.
- Tightly cover the utensil and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad and lemon.
Ingredients for Royal Chicken
3 Chicken legs (about 450-500g)
- 1/2 Brown Onion, cut into small pieces
- 150g Carrot chunks
- 2 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Wine
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 100ml Water
- 1 tsp Cornflour mixed with 1 Tbsp Water
How to make Royal Chicken
- Clean chicken legs, remove skin & fat. Chop into pieces.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick wok.
- Stir-fry onion pieces until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces, carrots and seasoning ingredients*.
- Cover, bring to the boil and simmer at low heat for 20 minutes.
- Reduce liquid to less than 100ml with high heat, add cornflour mixture and stir to thicken.
- Serve hot with rice.
Shahi Tukda Ingredients:
- 6 slices Bread
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Full Cream Milk
- 2 tbsp Pista, blanched and chopped
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Cardamom, powdered
- 4-5 Almonds, toasted and sliced
- Few strands of saffron
How to make Shahi Tukda:
- First you need to cut the edges of the bread. Thereafter, cut it diagonally to form 2 triangles. Keep the bread aside for about 2 hours, so that it becomes hard.
- To make the sugar syrup, mix sugar and water and set the mixture to boil. Now, simmer the solution for about 10 minutes and add powdered elachi into it.
- Take a pan and set the milk to boil. Simmer it until it reduces to 1/4th quantity. Simultaneously, keep stirring occasionally so that it does not stick to the pan. Now, add pista and few strands of saffron to the thickened milk.
- Apply ghee on the sides of the bread and lightly fry them until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Arrange the fried bread on a plate. Pour the sugar syrup onto the bread and wait until it seeps down.
- Now, spread the milk mixture onto the bread and sprinkle some almonds, pista and saffron strands over it.
- Freeze it and serve when it is chill!!
Shahi Gobhi Ingredients
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 big onions
- pod garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- tsp turmeric
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 6 pepper corns
- 1 cup oil & Salt to taste
How to make Shahi Gobhi
- Clean and deep fry the cauliflower without cutting it into pieces.
- Fry it till it has turned brown from all sides.
- Take it out & keep it aside.
- Grind together 1 onion, ginger & garlic to fine paste.
- Then to the same oil add the bay leaf, cloves and peppercorns then put 1 chopped onions & fry till it turns dark brown.
- Add the masala paste along with other dry masala mentioned in the ingredients.
- After this masala is done add the chopped tomatoes fry it then put the deep fried flower in this prepared masala.
- See to it that the flower gets completely covered with the masala.
- Keep it on slow fire for 5 min. While serving garnish it with fried potatochips and fresh coriander leaves.
Shahi Korma Ingredients
- 8 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoon blanched slivered almonds
- 7 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 whole cardamom pods
- 1 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1 cube of fresh ginger
- 1 cup water or beef broth
- 2 lb boned lamb or beef (1 cubes
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 teaspoon black cumin ground
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
How to make Shahi Korma
- Put the garlic, ginger, almonds, and 6 tablespoons water in a blender and blend until you have a paste.
- Heat the oil in a wide, heavy, preferable non-stick pot or wok over a medium-high heat.
- When hot put in just enough meat pieces so they lie, uncrowded in a single layer.
- Brown the meat pieces on all sides, then remove them with a slotted spoon and put them in a bowl. Brown all the meat this way.
- Put the cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon into the hot oil.
- Within seconds the cloves will expand.
- Now put in the onions. Stir and fry the onions until they turn a brownish color.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Put in the paste from the blender as well as the coriander, cumin, and cayenne.
- Stir and fry this mixture for 3-4 minutes or until it too has browned somewhat.
- Now put in the meat cubes as well as any liquid that might have accumulated in the meat bowl, the salt, the cream, and rest of the water or broth (a bit more for beef).
- Bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer lamb for 1 hour and beef for 2 hours.
- Stir frequently during this cooking period. Skim off any fat that floats to the top.
- Sprinkle in the garam masala and mix.
- 200 gm. Flour
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1&1/2 tbsp. castor sugar
- Water to knead the dough
For the filling:
- 50g khoya
- 2 tbsp. coconut (grated)
- 2 tbsp. cashew nuts, pistachio nuts, almonds and raisins (all chopped)
- 2 tbsp. castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
- Chopped nuts, silver foil, castor sugar
- Ghee for frying the parathas
- Fresh cream to serve
How to make Shahi Paratha:
- Mix the milk with the castor sugar.
- Sieve the flour and add ghee.
- Mix with fingertips till the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sweetened milk and knead into a smooth pliable dough, using water as required.
- Allow to rest covered for 20 mins.
- Combine the ingredients for the filling with a fork and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and then roll into balls.
- Roll out into discs with the help of the flour, prick with a fork and cook on a hot griddle till they are light golden, applying spoonfuls of ghee on both the sides.
- Place filling in the center, roll tightly and put into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle castor sugar and garnish with nuts and silver foil.
- Serve with fresh cream.