1+1/3 cup flour
- 1+½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 fl oz boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz chocolate chips
- 5 oz chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
- 1/3cup butter
- 8 oz sweet dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Line a 13 x 9 in (33 x 23 cm) cake tin with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, melted butter and hot water and mix until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Cool the cake.
- Glace with the chocolate frosting.
- For the frosting, mix butter, chopped chocolate, syrup and coffee and heat in a double boiler until melted.
- Stir until smooth and spread over the cake.