Sausage Lentil Soup Ingredients
1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup country-style or regular Dijon mustard
How to make Sausage Lentil Soup
- Inside a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and crumble sausage; return to Dutch oven as well as remaining ingredients except mustard.
- Simmer, covered, 60 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in mustard.
- Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
Sausage Lentil Soup is ready to serve.
Yield: 6 servings.
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour