3/4 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
How to make Sausage Egg Casserole
- Place sausage inside a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and hang up aside. Melt butter in skillet, and cook and stir the green onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a very large bowl, mix the eggs, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and chiles. Stir within the sausage, green onions, and mushrooms. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Merge the melted butter. Stir the flour mixture in the egg mixture. Pour in to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes inside preheated oven, or until lightly brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Sausage Egg Casserole is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 1 Hr 20 Min
Ready In: 9 Hrs 40 Min