Recipes for sauce
Prawns in Coconut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
How to make Prawns in Coconut Sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the garlic until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Bring to boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and return to a simmer without boiling. Add cooked shrimp and heat through. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Macaroni Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup finely grated process American cheese
- pepper, to taste
How to make Macaroni Cheese Sauce:
- Heat milk in a heavy saucepan until steaming hot; do not boil. Stir in cheese, heating and stirring until cheese starts to melt. Remove from heat; stir until all cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Add pepper and paprika, to taste.
- Serve hot with macaroni, on vegetables, or as a sauce for hot dogs or sandwiches.
- Makes about 1 cup of cheese sauce.
Margherita Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) canned crushed tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to make Margherita Pizza Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and simmer, stirring frequently until reduced to about 3/4 cup, 10 to 12 minutes. Taste for seasoning and cool.
- Makes enough sauce for one 14-inch pizza. It can be doubled if you’re making more than one pizza (as I did for my pizza party), but you’ll need to let it simmer longer to reduce. For a triple batch, I let it simmer about 25 minutes.
Mango Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
How to make Mango Caramel Sauce:
- Place the mango in a food processor and process until smooth. Pass the mixture through a strainer into a bowl.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat and cook until dark amber brown. Slowly add the heavy cream and mango puree and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Cook’s Note: this sauce is great on ice cream, pound cake and angel food cake.
White Sauce Chicken Lasagna Ingredients:
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for sprinkling over the top once lasagna is assembled)
- fresh parsley
- salt (I don?t add any salt, as the soup is already quite salty)
How to make White Sauce Chicken Lasagna:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add lasagna noodles to boiling water and place lid tightly back on the pot, immediately turn heat off, don?t open the pot for another 10-15 minutes (this produces perfect al dente pasta every time), Drain, and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat and cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, sautéed onions and garlic mixture, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, pepper, poultry seasoning, and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, and all of the cubed chicken.
- In a 9×13 inch casserole dish start layering as follows: place 3 cooked lasagna noodles at bottom of dish, and spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles, sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella over the chicken mixture.
- Create another layer by repeating above step.
- Use last 3 noodles to cover the second layer, and spread the entire top of the lasagna with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- When the layering is completed, cover with aluminum foil, making certain that the foil is not touching the top of the lasagna, and bake for 25 minutes @ 350 degree F (175 degrees C)
- Remove foil and continue baking, for another 15-20 minutes or until cheesee browns nicely.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving, so lasagna can set as cheese cools (I usually let it set overnight, to allow for easier cutting).
- Sprinkle parsley over dish before serving.
Chicken Mushroom Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 5 teaspoons ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups shredded Medium Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
How to make Chicken Mushroom Sauce:
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute until golden brown.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine soup, cream, ground black pepper, paprika and salt; heat until sauce thickens.
- Add mushroom mixture to sauce and bring to a slow boil over medium heat; stir in cheese and chopped chicken.
- Pour sauce onto pasta; serve.
Brinjals In Garlic Sauce Ingredients
Brinjals 4 nos medium size, cut into quarters
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- oil 3 tablespoon
- Red chilly powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt use as required
- Mono sodium glutamate 1 teaspoon
- Soya sauce 2 teaspoon
- Corn flour 2 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Spring onions 2 tablespoon chopped
How to make Brinjals In Garlic Sauce
1.Heat the oil in a wok.Add the garlic ginger paste and fry for 30 seconds over a medium flame stirring constantly.
2. Add the brinjals and fry till the brinjals starts to change color.
3. Add the red chilly powder, fennel powder and fry for a minute over a medium flame stirring constantly.
4. Reduce the flame and add the Soya sauce salt, jinomotto,sugar and fry for a minute.
5. Add a little water and simmer the mixture till the brinjals are cooked.
6. Dissolve the corn flour in a little water and mix with the Brinjals . Mix thoroughly.
7 When the gravy becomes thick remove from the flame.
8. Serve hot garnished with the spring onions.
Spicy potato Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbs Tamarind paste
- 2 c Water
- 8 sm Boiling potatoes
- 1/4 c Corn oil
- 1 md Onion; thinly sliced
- 2 ts Minced fresh ginger
- 4 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 ts Dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ts Ground turmeric
- 1/2 ts Ground cardamom
- 1/2 ts Ground fennel
- 1/2 ts Cinnamon
- 1/4 ts Freshly ground pepper
How to make Spiced Potato in Tamarind Sauce
- Dissolve tamarind paste in 1 cup water.
- Let stand 30 minutes.Strain.
- Boil potatoes until just tender.
- Cool completely,then peel.
- Using wooden skewer,pierce each potato in 4 places.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until crisp and lightly browned, stirring frequently,about 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add potatoes and brown well on all sides.
- Remove from skillet.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon oil from skillet.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in pepper flakes and turmeric.
- Blend in 2 tablespoons water.Mix in onion.
- Add potatoes,tamarind liquid and remaining 14 tablespoons water.
- Stir in cardamom, fennel,cinnamon and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly,about 15 minutes. Season with salt.
Hawaiian Pineapple Pizza Ingredients
1 lb package hot roll mix
- 8 oz can pizza sauce
- 8 oz thinly sliced fully cooked ham cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 green sweet pepper sliced into thin rings
- 1 1/4 lb can pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese 4 ounces
- 2 tb grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- BigOven for the iPad – Now Available!
How to make Hawaiian Pineapple Pizza
- Grease a 13-inch pizza pan; set aside. Prepare hot roll mixaccording to package directions for pizza crust. Shape dough into a ball. On alightly floured surface, roll dough into a circle 1 inch larger than pizza pan.Transfer dough to pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Prick generously with a fork. Do not let rise. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or untillightly browned.
- Spread pizza sauce over hot crust. Top with ham, greensweet pepper rings, and pineapple tidbits. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan or Romano cheese. Bake about 12 minutes more or until cheese melts andsauce is bubbly.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Green Beans in Black Bean Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 6 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- 24 ounces (720g) lean beef, cut into thin strips along the grain
- 24 green beans, ends trimmed, cut in half on the diagonal
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 onions, each cut into 8 wedges and separated into pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed to a paste with 3 tablespoons water
How to make Green Beans in Black Bean Sauce:
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the rice and keep stirring until the water returns to a boil. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to very low, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, mix together the black bean sauce, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sugar, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil, and stir-fry the beef for 5 minutes. Remove the beef from the wok and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir-fry the green beans, bell peppers, and onions for 7 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another minute, then return the beef to the wok. Add the sauce mixture and stock, then add the cornstarch paste and cook, stirring continuously, until thickened. Serve on a bed of the rice.