- Fresh Mustard Leaves 1 kg
- Salt as per taste
- Garlic 6 cloves
- Onions (chopped) 1 medium
- Whole Red Chillies 6-8
- Green Chillies 4
- Maize Flour* 1/2 cup
- Banaspati Ghee 1 cup
- Butter or Margine 2 tbsp
- Ginger (Julienne) 2 tbsp
- Wash mustard leaves thoroughly and finely chop them.
- In a pot, cook the leaves with salt, garlic, onion, red and green chillies till water from the leaves dries.
- Remove from heat and grind when cool.In the same pot, heat Dalda VTF Banaspati on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground saag (mustard leaves) and stir well for 5-7 minutes.
- Add maize flour and mix well.Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes and remove from stove.
- Garnish and serve with paratha or makki ki roti.