1/2 lb thickly sliced smoked bacon, cut up
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip or real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- pinch of celery seed (optional)
- 1-2 large ripe tomatoes
how to make BLT Sandwich Spread
- Using kitchen scissors, cut bacon strips into small squares. In a skillet, sauté the bacon until crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, pepper, celery seed and garlic powder.
- Remove seeds from a very ripe fresh tomato and cut into cubes. In a pinch, canned tomatoes may be substituted; drain liquid and reserve for another use to prevent the spread from becoming watery.
- Spread mixture on toasted rounds of Italian or French bread.