Recipes for salmon
Salmon Patties Ingredients
2 (15 ounce) cans pink salmon
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/8 cup canola oil
How to make Salmon Patties
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine salmon, onion, egg, crackers, salt, pepper, and celery. Mix well.
- Make patties out of salmon mixture and roll in cornmeal.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat oil for frying. Place salmon patties in oil and fry on both sides until golden brown. Drain well. Serve warm.
Salmon Patties is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:35 Min
Salmon in Pesto Sauce Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups fish stock
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
How to make Salmon in Pesto Sauce
- In a medium bowl, toss salmon fillets in pesto to coat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, and saute shallots until tender. Stir in rice, fish stock, and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Without stirring rice, place salmon in the saucepan. Cover, and continue cooking 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is tender and salmon is easily flaked with a fork.
Salmon in Pesto Sauce is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Pizza Ingredients
Basic Pizza Dough, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces salmon roe
- 1/4 cup minced shallots or green onions
- Fresh sprigs of dill, garnish
How to make Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the bowl. On a lightly floured surface, knead briefly. Let rest for 10 minutes. Roll out into a rectangle, about 16 by 10 inches, and cut into six squares, about 5 inches each. Lightly brush each square with olive oil, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Bake until starting to turn light golden brown, about 6 minutes. Evenly cover each square with goat cheese and return to the oven until the crust is golden brown and slightly crisp and the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Cut each square in half diagonally. Arrange smoked salmon on each pieces and top with a dollop of salmon roe. Sprinkle with shallots, garnish with a small sprig of dill, and serve immediately.
- Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Pizza is ready to serve.
Prep 35 min
Inactive Prep 1 hr 40 min
Cook 10 min
Total: 2 hr 25 min
Salmon Spread Dip Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced
How to make Salmon Spread Dip
- Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.
- If you can find it, I prefer Norwegian salmon; it’s drier and less salty than other smoked salmon.
- Salmon Spread Dip is ready to serve.
Prep 25 min
Total: 25 min
Salmon Spread Sandwich Ingredients:
1 (5-ounce) cooked salmon filet, flaked
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, regular or low-fat
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
How to make Salmon Spread Sandwich
Flake salmon and set aside. Combine mayonnaise and cheese in small bowl and mix well. Stir in salmon along with remaining ingredients. Use immediately or cover and chill up to 3 days. Makes about 4 sandwiches.
Salmon Spread Sandwich is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Salmon Mousse Ingredients
4 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce salmon roe
How to make Salmon Mousse
- Place smoked salmon in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Mix in heavy cream, cream cheese, juice of half of a lemon, dried dill weed, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency. Transfer to a medium serving dish, and garnish with salmon roe.
- Salmon Mousse is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Ready In:15 Min
Grilled Salmon Caesar Pasta Salad Ingredients
1/2 cup or 125 mL creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 oz/125 g each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked medium pasta shells, chilled
- 6 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/60 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to make Grilled Salmon Caesar Pasta Salad
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals.
- Combine salad dressing, freshly squeezed lemon juice, zest and garlic; mix properly and set aside.
- Season trout fillets with salt and black pepper. Lightly oil grid of grill. Bbq grill, covered, 3 minutes.
- Very carefully turn salmon using bbq Jumbo Turner.
- Grill 2-3 minutes or even until salmon flakes easily which has a fork.
- Remove salmon from grill.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, lettuce, tomatoes and 1/2 cup (125 mL) from the salad dressing; toss in order to coat.
- To serve, position salad onto plates, prime with salmon.
- Drizzle salmon together with remaining dressing.
- Grilled Salmon Caesar Pasta Salad is ready to serve together with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Creamy Salmon Pasta Ingredients
6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned mushrooms, drained
- 10 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
How to make Creamy Salmon Pasta
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir flour and garlic powder into the butter and onions. Gradually stir in milk. Heat to just below boiling point, and then gradually stir in cheese until the sauce is smooth. Stir in peas and mushrooms., and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Toss in smoked salmon, and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve over pasta.
- Creamy Salmon Pasta Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Salmon Couscous Salad Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 1 lb cooked salmon
- 3/4 cup frozen baby peas
- 3/4 cup frozen extra sweet corn
- 1/4 vidalia onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2/3 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
How to make Salmon Couscous Salad
- Boil the water and olive oil. When boiling, remove from heat, stir in the couscous, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork into a large bowl to cool.
- Flake the salmon and add to the bowl.
- Briefly steam the peas, rinse in cold water and add, then do the same for the corn.
- Add the onion, parsley and dill.
- Mix a bit of the dressing into the mustard to combine, then add the rest of the dressing and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle over the couscous, mixingly. (You know what I mean.) Taste to see if there?s enough mustard and lemon for your taste. Mustard can be added thinned with liquid, such as more dressing, lemon juice, or water. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 2 hours if you have time, but it is good eaten right away, also. We enjoyed this on lettuce leaves with sliced tomatos, cucumbers, and corn chips.
- Salmon Couscous Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 mins
Total Time:30 mins
Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines Ingredients
- 12 extra-large eggs
- 1/3 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices 7-grain bread or round French bread (boule)
- 8 slices good smoked salmon
How to make Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines
- Place the eggs in a large pot and cover them with cool tap water. Bring the water to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the eggs to sit in the water for another 5 minutes. Drain, then fill the pot with cold water. To peel the eggs, tap each end on a board, then roll the egg between your hand and the board to crackle the shell. Peel under running tap water and allow the eggs to cool to room temperature.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse the processor 10 to 12 times to break up, but not puree, the eggs. Transfer the chopped eggs to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Combine lightly with a fork.
- Toast or grill the bread. Lay 1 slice of salmon on each piece of bread, spread on the egg salad, then garnish with a sprig of dill. Serve at room temperature.
- Smoked salmon and egg salad tartines is ready to serve.