Recipes for salad
Quick Italian Salad Ingredients
- Sliced tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and green pepper or
vegetables of your choice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to make Quick Italian Salad
- Arrange greens and vegetables in a salad bowl or on individual salad plates. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all remaining ingredients; shake well. Serve over salad. Yield: 1-1/2 cups dressing.
- Quick Italian Salad is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Baby Corn Salad Ingredients
1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 sm. Red onion
- 4 Cucumbers
- 1 Carrot
- 2 can Baby corn(Shimlahills)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 c. cauliflower pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free salad dressing
How to make Baby Corn Salad
- Shred, grate or slice the carrot, cucumber, pepper (yellow/red). Clean the onion and chop it in small pieces. Take a large bowl add the sliced carrot, cucumber, pepper, onion, cauliflower, broccoli, kidney beans and Baby corn. Prow over fat-free salad dressing on the mixture in the bowl. saute the salad evenly.
- Baby Corn Salad is ready to serve.
Asian Beef Salad Ingredients
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1-lb.) flank steaks
- 1 (1 3/4-lb.) napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- Soy-Sesame Dressing
How to make Asian Beef Salad
- Combine teriyaki sauce and oil in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steaks, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning steaks occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Toss steak slices, cabbage, and next 5 ingredients together; drizzle with desired amount of dressing, tossing gently to coat.
- Asian Beef Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Other: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Asian Grilled Beef Salad Ingredients
1 1/4 pound flank steak
- Marinade/ Dressing:
- 4 each cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 each scallions white part minced, green part thinly sliced for
- 2 each jalapeno chilies seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or fish sauce)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- To finish the salad:
- 1 ounce Asian rice noodles
- 1 head Boston lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 each cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced and broken into rings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 ea scallion greens
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
How to make Asian Grilled Beef Salad
- Score the flank steak on both sides in a crosshatch pattern, as shown in the photo. Arrange the steak in a baking dish just large enough to hold it.
- Place the garlic, ginger, scallion whites, chilies, and sugar in a mixing bowl and mash to a paste with the back of the spoon. Add the soy sauce, lime juice, water, and sesame oil and stir or whisk until the sugar crystals are dissolved. Pour half the marinade over the steak and marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator, turning several times to insure even marinating.
- Soak the rice noodles in cold water to cover in a large bowl for 1 hour. Taste them. If tender as is, drain well. If the rice noodles are still tough, cook in 3 quarts rapidly boiling water until tender 2 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- Line your salad plates with large lettuce leaves. Tear the smaller leaves into 2 inch pieces. Place the lettuce pieces, cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, mint, cilantro, and basil in the mixing bowl with the reserved dressing, but to not mix.
- Grill the flank steak until cooked to taste 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes. Cut the steak into paper thin slices sharply on the diagonal.
- Toss the salad and loosely mound it on the lettuce lined plates. Place a mound of rice noodles in the center of each. Fan the beef slices on top of the salad and sprinkle with the scallion greens and peanuts. Serve at once.
- Asian Grilled Beef Salad is ready to serve.
Red Cabbage Salad Ingredients
3 cups chopped red cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup of chopped pimento shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chopped celery, (tough strings removed) shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 tbsp of sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp of bacon grease, melted and slightly cooled (wicked) shopping list
How to make Red Cabbage Salad
- Toss all the vegetables together with salt/pepper, vinegar, sugar.
- Chill for one hour or more.
- Just before serving, add slightly warm bacon grease, toss well and eat.
- Red Cabbage Salad is ready to serve.
Time : 65 minutes to make
Chicken Veggie Pasta Salad Ingredients
1 cup seashell pasta
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 3 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
How to make Chicken Veggie Pasta Salad
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, green onions, bell pepper, olives and cucumber.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Chill for 2 hours before serving; sprinkle with sunflower seeds if desired.
- Chicken Veggie Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 25 Min
Seafood Caesar Pasta Salad ingredients
10 oz uncooked penne pasta
- 8 oz imitation crabmeat, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 cup/50 mL packed)
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- 1 cup reduced-fat creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 6 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
How to make Seafood Caesar Pasta Salad
- Prepare pasta by following method listed on package.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cold water.
- Add pasta, crabmeat, bell pepper, eggs, onion, cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Put salad dressing over pasta and mix them together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hrs so flavor will blend into mixture.
- Place lettuce in bottom of bamboo square bowl, add pasta mixture for topping.
- Seafood Caesar Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Grilled Salmon Caesar Pasta Salad Ingredients
1/2 cup or 125 mL creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 oz/125 g each)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked medium pasta shells, chilled
- 6 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/60 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to make Grilled Salmon Caesar Pasta Salad
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals.
- Combine salad dressing, freshly squeezed lemon juice, zest and garlic; mix properly and set aside.
- Season trout fillets with salt and black pepper. Lightly oil grid of grill. Bbq grill, covered, 3 minutes.
- Very carefully turn salmon using bbq Jumbo Turner.
- Grill 2-3 minutes or even until salmon flakes easily which has a fork.
- Remove salmon from grill.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, lettuce, tomatoes and 1/2 cup (125 mL) from the salad dressing; toss in order to coat.
- To serve, position salad onto plates, prime with salmon.
- Drizzle salmon together with remaining dressing.
- Grilled Salmon Caesar Pasta Salad is ready to serve together with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Confetti Pasta Salad ingredients
2 1/2 cup or 625 ml refrigerated cheese filled tortellini (9 oz/275 g) (cooked and drained)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped broccoli (250 mL)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower (250 mL)
- 1 medium carrot [peeled and thinly sliced]
- 1/2 cup fat free Italian salad dressing (125 mL)
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 oz or 60gram grated fresh Parmesan Cheese (about 1/2 cup/125 mL packed)
How to make Confetti Pasta Salad
- Mix all ingredients together except cheese in a bowl, throw gently.
- Refrigerate this mixture till ready to serve.
- Add some cheese for topping.
- Confetti Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Family Pasta Salad Ingredients:
16 oz (450 g) uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 8 oz (250 g) mild cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-in. (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced celery
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) light mayonnaise
- 8 oz (250 g) plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
How to make Family Pasta Salad
- Prepare pasta by following method listed on pasta packet.
Drain and rinse pasta under water until cold.
- Put pasta in (4-qt./3.8-L) collapsible serving bowl.
- Add peas, cheese, carrot, onion and celery in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, salt and black pepper together.
- Add to pasta mixture, move very slightly to coat then cover.
- Family Pasta Salad is ready, refrigerate pasta salad for at least 2 hrs before serving.
Yield: 16 servings