Recipes for salad
Creamy Pasta Shell Salad Ingredients
1 pot modest organic seashell pasta
- 3/4 cup clean broccoli florets
- A single tiny carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cubed National cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 pot diced celery
- 1/4 pot sunflower corn kernels
- A single hard-cooked egg, peeled along with sliced
- 1/2 mug mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared Ranch greens outfitting
- Three or more tablespoons milk
- A couple of tablespoons red wine apple cider vinegar
- One particular tbsp dried up minced onion
- 1/2 tsp . veteran salt
- 1/4 tsp of garlic oil powdered ingredients
- 1/4 tsp . dried up parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp . geared up mustard
How to make Creamy Pasta Shell Salad
- Cook pasta as outlined by deal guidelines; empty and rinse out throughout frosty drinking water. Inside a significant dish, blend your pasta, broccoli, carrot, cheese, cucumber, celery, sunflower
- kernels along with egg. In a pan, mix the attire elements. Pour above salad and chuck in order to layer. Function immediately.
Creamy Pasta Shell Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time25 Min
Ready In:25 Min
Cucumber Salad Ingredients
4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried dill, or to taste
How to make Cucumber Salad
- Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar,
water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and pour
over the cucumber and onions. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold. This can
also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate
for at least 1 hour.
Cucumber Salad is ready to serve.
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 10 slices bacon
How to make Broccoli Salad
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, toss together broccoli, raisins and red onions. In a separate bowl,
whisk together the white sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture
and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sunflower seeds and crumbled bacon. Toss and serve.
Broccoli Salad is ready to serve.
Corn Salad Ingredients
6 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Corn Salad
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss together the corn, tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Chill until serving.
Corn Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:25 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:45 Min
Salad Nicoise Nicoise Salad Ingredients
1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 grilled or otherwise cooked tuna steaks* (8 oz each) or 2-3 cans of tuna
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and either halved or quartered
- 10 small new red potatoes (each about 2 inches in diameter, about 1 1/4 pounds total),
- each potato scrubbed and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium heads Boston lettuce or butter lettuce, leaves washed, dried, and torn into
- bite-sized pieces
- 3 small ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 8 ounces green beans, stem ends trimmed and each bean halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup niçoise olives
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed and/or several anchovies (optional)
How to make Salad Nicoise Nicoise Salad
- Marinate tuna steaks in a little olive oil for an hour. Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, or place on a hot grill. Cook the steaks 2 to 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, shallot, thyme, basil, oregano, and mustard in medium bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring potatoes and 4 quarts cold water to boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and cook until potatoes are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a medium bowl with a slotted spoon (do not discard boiling water). Toss warm potatoes with 1/4 cup vinaigrette; set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, toss lettuce with 1/4 cup vinaigrette in large bowl until coated. Arrange bed of lettuce on a serving platter (I used two serving platters, shown in the photos). Cut tuna into 1/2-inch thick slices, coat with vinaigrette. Mound tuna in center of lettuce. Toss tomatoes, red onion, 3 tablespoons vinaigrette, and salt and pepper to taste in bowl; arrange tomato-onion mixture on the lettuce bed. Arrange reserved potatoes in a mound at edge of lettuce bed.
- Return water to boil; add 1 tablespoon salt and green beans. Cook until tender but crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain beans, transfer to reserved ice water, and let stand until just cool, about 30 seconds; dry beans well. Toss beans, 3 tablespoons vinaigrette, and salt and pepper to taste; arrange in a mound at edge of lettuce bed.
- Arrange hard boiled eggs, olives, and anchovies (if using) in mounds on the lettuce bed. Drizzle eggs with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing, sprinkle entire salad with capers (if using), and serve immediately.
Salad Nicoise is ready to serve.
Crunchy Chicken Salad Ingredients
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 2/3 cup green onion strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
How to make Crunchy Chicken Salad
- In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, green onion and bean sprouts. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve with breadsticks.
Crunchy Chicken Salad is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min. + chilling
Bean Salad Ingredients
466 gm Black Beans (cooked and drained)
- 1 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 450 gm Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Jar Pimentos
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 8 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 cup Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Avocado (peeled and diced )
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
How to make Bean Salad
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except garlic salt.
- Now, season with garlic and salt.
Toss and chill, bean salad is ready to serve.
Red Lentil Salad Ingredients
1 cup Red Chief or regular brown lentils
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped red or yellow bell peppers
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced (1/4 in.) cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to make Red Lentil Salad
- Sort lentils and discard any debris. Rinse and drain lentils.
- In a 2- to 3-quart pan, bring about 1 quart water to a boil over high heat.
- Add lentils, stir to separate, and simmer, uncovered, just until they are tender to bite but not soft, 5 to 10 minutes for Red Chiefs, 20 to 30 minutes for regular lentils. Drain.
- Mix vinegar, oil, and garlic.
- Pour over warm lentils and gently mix.
- Let stand until cool.
- Add bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, basil, and feta cheese.
- Mix gently with lentils.
Red lentil salad is ready to serve, add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Lentil Salad with Feta Cheese Ingredients
1 1/4 cups dried lentils
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- Romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
How to make Lentil Salad with Feta Cheese
- Place lentils in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above lentils, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well, and set aside.
- Combine lemon juice and next 5 ingredients (lemon juice through garlic) in a medium bowl; stir with a wire whisk until blended. Add lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, and celery to lemon juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
Lentil Salad with Feta Cheese is ready to serve on lettuce lined plates.
Yield: 4 servings
Warm Lentil Salad with Sausage Ingredients
2 cups French green lentils (13 oz), picked over and rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 1 California bay leaf or 2 Turkish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 lb smoked kielbasa or other smoked sausage (not low-fat), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to make Warm Lentil Salad with Sausage
- Bring lentils, water, and bay leaf to a boil in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until almost tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, then simmer lentils, covered, until tender but not falling apart, 3 to 5 minutes.
- While lentils simmer, cook onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Make vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup oil in a slow stream, whisking until blended well.
- Drain lentils in a colander, discarding bay leaf, and return to saucepan along with vegetable mixture and vinaigrette. Cook over low heat, stirring, until heated through. Keep warm, covered.
- Brown kielbasa in cleaned and dried 12-inch heavy skillet (in 2 batches if necessary), turning over once, about 2 minutes per batch. Stir kielbasa and parsley into lentils.
Warm Lentil Salad with Sausage is ready to serve.
yield: 4 servings
cook time: 35 min
total time: 50 min