Rotisserie Turkey Ingredients
13 pounds turkey, fresh or frozen turkey that has completely thawed
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, more if desired
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic pepper, more if desired
- paprika to cover (optional)
How to make Rotisserie Turkey
- Preheat gas grill to 350Âº F.
- Remove and discard any turkey parts from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey
cavity and the outside of the turkey with cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Truss turkey. (For poultry to hold its shape, it needs to be trussed (tied) before cooking.)
Cover the entire outside of the turkey with olive oil. Season the inside of the turkey
with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 3/4 teaspoon of garlic pepper.
- Place turkey on the rotisserie and secure. Sprinkle the entire outside of turkey
with remaining kosher salt and garlic pepper. Adjust the amount of kosher salt and
garlic pepper, if needed. Sprinkle the entire outside of turkey with paprika, if desired.
- Place turkey on rotisserie base in preheated grill.
- Allow 10-15 minutes per pound. Do not rely on approximate time for doneness.
Rely on a meat thermometer. Cooking time has too many variables to influence doneness. Focus on the internal temperature of your turkey to prevent food borne illness. The breast must reach an internal temperature of 170Â° F and the thigh must reach 180Â° F.
- Remove turkey from grill and cover with foil. Allow turkey to rest 20 minutes before carving.
Rotisserie Turkey is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours