Gulab Ka Sharbat Ingredients:
- 2 cups rose petals (washed well and patted dry on a paper towel)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Juice of 2 lemons (strained)
- 1 cup pomergranate juice (optional)
How to make Gulab Ka Sharbat:
- Coarsely crush the rose petals in a mortar and pestle and then put into a deep glass bowl. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the paste and add the cardamom powder. Mix well, cover and allow to steep overnight.
- In the morning, strain through a very fine sieve.
- Add the sugar and stir till dissolved – do not heat.
- When the sugar is dissolved, add in the lemon and pomergranate juices and mix well. The syrup is ready now and can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- To serve, pour some syrup into a tall glass, mix with chilled water to taste and add crushed ice.