Recipes for Roll
Pizza Egg Roll Ingredients
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 13 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for frying
How to make Pizza Egg Roll
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 20 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Brush remaining corner with egg; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Pizza Egg Roll is ready to serve.
Prep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min.
Chicken Cheese Roll Ingredients
3 large boned and split chicken breasts
- 3 oz. whipped cream cheese with chives/divided
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine/divided
- 6 slices of bacon
How to make Chicken Cheese Roll
- Place split breasts between waxed paper. Pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Spread each with 3 Tbsp. of cheese mixture. Dot with 1/2 tsp. of butter.
- Fold ends over. (filling – some will ooze out during baking).
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each roll. Place seam side down in shallow baking pan.
- Bake on top rack in 400 oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and juice runs clear.
- Broil until bacon is crisp and golden.
Chicken Cheese Roll is ready to serve.
40 minutes to make
Chocolate Swiss Roll Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (plus extra to dust)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
How to make Chocolate Swiss Roll
- Preheat oven to moderately hot (200c). Lightly grease a swiss roll tin (12 x 10inch)& line the base with baking paper, extending the edges over the two long sides.
- Beat the eggs & 1/3 cup of the caster sugar with electric beaters until thick & creamy.
- Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the combined sifted flour & cocoa.
- Spread the mixture into the tin & smooth the surface.
- Bake for 10 -12 mins, or until the cake is just set.
- Meanwhile, place a clean tea towel on a work surface, cover with baking paper & sprinkle with the remaining caster sugar.
- When the cake is cooked, turn it out immediately onto the sugar. Roll the cake up from the short side – rolling the paper inside the cake.
- Stand the rolled cake on a wire rack for 5 mins, then carefully unroll & allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream, icing sugar & vanilla essence until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the cream over the cake, leaving a 1/2 inch border all the way around.
- Re-roll the cake (without the paper). Place the cake seam-side down onto serving tray.
- Refrigerate until serving – dust with extra icing sugar before serving.
- Cut into slices to serve.
Chocolate Swiss Roll is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Swiss Roll Ingredients:
- 75g/3 oz caster (superfine) sugar
- 75g/3 oz self-raising (self-rising) flour
- Caster (superfine) sugar for dusting
- 75 ml/5 tbsp raspberry jam (conserve)
How to make Swiss Roll
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar for about 10 minutes until very pale and thick and the mixture trails off the whisk in ribbons. Fold in the flour and spoon into a greased and lined 30 x 20 cm/12 x 8 in Swiss roll tin (jelly roll pan). Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/gas mark 4 for 10 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch. Sprinkle a clean tea towel (dish cloth) with caster sugar and invert the cake on to the towel. Remove the lining paper, trim the edges and run a knife about 2.5 cm/1 in in from the short edge, cutting half-way through the cake. Roll up the cake from the cut edge. Leave to cool.
- Unwrap the cake and spread with jam, then roll up again and serve sprinkled with icing sugar.
Swiss Roll is ready to serve.
Makes one 20 cm / 8 in roll
Pumpkin Roll Cake Ingredients
3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners’ sugar, optional
How to make Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high until sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
- Pumpkin Roll Cake is ready to serve.
Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
Korean Egg Roll Triangles Ingredients
1/2 (8 ounce) package dry thin Asian rice noodles (rice vermicelli)
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package round wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
How to make Korean Egg Roll Triangles
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, drop in the rice noodles, and boil until the noodles are soft but not mushy, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Rinse with cold water, and drain in a colander set in the sink. Chop the noodles up into small pieces, and set aside.
- Wrap the shredded cabbage in a kitchen towel or a length of cheesecloth, and squeeze the excess moisture out. Place the cabbage, tofu, zucchini, green onions, garlic, black pepper, sesame oil, eggs, salt, and chopped rice noodles in a large bowl, and mix with your hands until evenly mixed and the tofu is broken up into very small chunks.
- Place a round wonton wrapper onto a work surface, and spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons of filling into the center of the wrapper. Dip your finger in water and moisten the edge of the wrapper about halfway around, then fold the wrapper over, enclosing the filling, and pinch the edges together to make a half-moon shape. Lay the completed rolls on a cookie sheet while you finish filling and folding the rest.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy skillet, and working in batches, fry the rolls until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Korean Egg Roll Triangles Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:45 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Chicken Paratha Roll Ingredients:
- 300 gm boneless chicken, 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp yogurt, beaten
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp all spices (garam masala)
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Water as required
How to make Chicken Paratha Roll:
- Marinate chicken boneless pieces in yogurt, salt, turmeric and chili powder, all spices. Mix it and set it aside for 15 minutes. Add green coriander leaves in it.
- Now heat the oil and cook marinated chicken in it on low heat till the water dries and chicken become soft and tender.
Method Of Parathas:
- Take both flours and add ghee and salt in it. Knead it in a dough and put it aside for 1 hour. Make round parathas with the help of rolling pin and grease the pan and cook the parathas.
Kolkata Chicken Roll Ingredients:
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (see link below for recipe)
- 300 gms boneless, skinless chicken cut into 2″ cubes/ pieces
- 3 tomatoes chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- 6 Parathas (see link below for recipe to make these pan fried flabreads)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Mint-Coriander Chutney (see link below for recipe)
How to make Kolkata Chicken Roll:
- Heat the oil (3 tbsps) in a deep pan on medium heat. When hot, add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add the sliced onions and fry till soft. Add garlic and ginger pastes and fry for 1 minute. Now add all spice powders (including garam masala) and fry until oil begins to separate from the masala (spice-onion mix).
- Add the chicken pieces and brown. Add the tomato and salt to taste. Stir well and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook till chicken is tender. There should be almost no gravy at this stage.
- Heat a frying pan on low heat and add a tablespoon of oil to it. While the oil is heating, break an egg in a bowl. Season with salt to taste and whisk the egg till fluffy. Pour onto the pan and spread by tilting the pan from side to side. Now quickly put a Paratha onto the still ‘wet’ egg and allow to cook. The egg will soon cook and ‘set’. This is when you flip the egg-paratha over. Cook for 30 seconds and remove from the pan.
- To assemble the rolls: Lay one egg-paratha on a plate and spread Mint-Coriander Chutney on it. How much is a matter of personal choice. Now add roughly 2 tbsps of the cooked chicken in a line down the center of the paratha. Roll tightly. You can wrap in foil at this stage, to help keep the lot together and tidy for eating – the filling can fall out otherwise. Serve hot.
Mexican Roll Sushi Ingredients:
- 2 – Large 10-12 Inch flour tortillas
- 1 – Half red bell pepper (thin slices)
- 2 – green onions (greens only sliced)
- 2 – Pequillo peppers (from a jar)
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Chipotle pepper in Adobo (one chili)
- 1 Tbsp. salsa
- 2 oz. refried beans
- 1/2 Fresh avocado (sliced)
- 4 oz. roasted chicken (sliced in strips)
- Half Bunch of Fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of half a lime
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
How to make Mexican Roll Sushi:
- Place cilantro, garlic, oil, lime, salt and pepper in blender and puree until smooth
- Mix cream cheese, salsa and chipotle pepper in a small bowl
- Cut both tortillas into squares by removing rounded edges with a knife
- Place one tortilla in a microwave and cook on high for 10 seconds
- Place tortilla on a sushi rolling mat (if you have one)
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on one half of the tortilla
- Spread 1/2 of the refried beans on the other half leaving a 1/4 inch at the edge with nothing on it
- With the 1/4 inch edge away from you:
- Place 1/2 of the red pepper slices in the middle of the tortilla (left to right edge)
- Place 1/2 of the green onions
- Place 1/2 of the roasted chicken
- Place 1/2 of the pequillo peppers
- Place 1/2 of the avocado slices
- Roll from the edge closest to you until just the bare 1/4 inch edge is left
- If you are familiar with rolling sushi, this is the point where you pull the roll tight inside the mat. The object is to pack the ingredients tight inside the roll. Pull and roll until the ingredients compress and fill to the outside ends of the tortilla.
- Wet the exposed edge with a fingertip of water
- Continue rolling until the roll seals itself
- Remove from the sushi mat and place on a cutting board
- Cut the roll in half with a sharp knife
- Place the two halves next to each other and cut into 3rds (six pieces when done)
- Repeat with the second tortilla
- Plate 3 pieces on each plate (4 plates of 3) and drizzle with the cilantro oil
Veg frankie roll Ingredients:
For Frankie Roti:
- 250 g – corn flour
- 1/2 kg – potatoes, boiled, mashed
- 1 tsp – red chill powder
- coriander leaves
- 1 tsp – chat masala
- 1 – large onion
- coriander leaves
- 2 – green chilli
How to make Veg frankie roll:
- Make dough to prepare rotis.
- Heat Oil in Kadai, deep-fry the rotis till 1/2 cooked.
- Repeat for all rotis & keep aside.
- Mix potatoes with chill powder, salt coriander leaves & chat masala.
- Make small ball and fry them on pan with little oil.
- Now heat tawa put roti on it for 2 mins till it is cooked from both side.
- Remove it from tawa now place the tikki on middle of the roti.
- Put some onion coriander leaves on it sprinkle some chat masala & green chutney.
- Roll the Frankie .
- Frankie is ready to eat with sauce.