Home / Tag Archives: roasted tomato salsa
Tag Archives: roasted tomato salsa
Roasted Tomato Salsa Ingredients:
- 12 roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to make Roasted Tomato Salsa:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium baking dish, place roma (plum) tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeno chile pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Checking often, broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until outsides of vegetables are charred.
- Remove vegetables from heat. Remove and discard tomato cores, jalapeno stem and garlic skins.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the charred vegetables. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in cumin, salt, lime juice and cilantro.