Whole chicken 1
- Rice 1 kg
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Curry leaves 6
- Whole red chili 10
- Fresh coriander 1 bunches
- Lemon juice ½ cup
- Oil ½ cup
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Saffron ½ tsp
- Desiccated coconut 2 tbsp
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp
How to make Roasted Chicken with Bombay Rice
- Marinate chicken with 1 tsp turmeric and ½ tsp salt for 4 hours.
- Put the marinated chicken in an oven proof dish and bake on 200 degree for 30 minutes.
- Now heat ½ cup oil in a pan, add 1 tsp cumin seeds and dry.
- Now add roasted chicken and cook well.
- Add in 1 tsp mustard seeds, 100 whole red chilies, 6 curry leaves, 2 chopped tomatoes, 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, 1 kg soaked rice, 1 tsp fennel seeds, ½ tsp saffron, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and 2 glasses of water.
- Cook till water dries and rice done.
- Simmer for few minutes, garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Roasted Chicken with Bombay Rice is ready to serve.