Recipes for roasted
Oven Roasted Potatoes Ingredients
1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
How to make Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, basil, marjoram, dill weed, thyme, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
Oven Roasted Potatoes is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:45 Min
Roasted Turkey Drumsticks Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup red wine or additional chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
How to make Roasted Turkey Drumsticks
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and white pepper. Add drumsticks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown drumsticks on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, broth, wine or additional broth, soup mix, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until flavors are blended. Add bay leaf. Pour sauce over the drumsticks.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks; cover and bake 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and thermometer reads 180°.
Roasted Turkey Drumsticks is ready to serve.
Prep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
Roasted Garlic Chicken Ingredients
2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5 pound) chicken
- 4 heads garlic, top 1-inch cut off
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
How to make Roasted Garlic Chicken
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Mix together salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside. Pat chicken dry and rub all over with 1 of the garlic heads. Rub all over (under skin too) with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place 1 garlic head and 1 lemon half in the chicken cavity.
- Arrange remaining garlic, lemon, and onion on the bottom of a 3 to 4-quart baking dish to create a bed. Place chicken on top, add broth to baking dish, and cover tightly with foil. Roast until chicken reaches 135 to 140 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 1 hour.
- Remove foil, brush chicken with pan juices, and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Roast, basting occasionally, until temperature of chicken on inner thigh is 165 degrees F, skin is golden brown, and juices run clear, about 30 to 40 minutes more.
- Let rest 10 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, pour pan juices into a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Carve chicken and serve each portion with 1 head of garlic and pan sauce.
- Roasted Garlic Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep 5 min
Inactive Prep 30 min
Cook 1 hr 40 min
Total: 2 hr 15 min
Roasted Beet Hummus Ingredients
1/2 pound beets (about 4 medium sized beets), scrubbed clean, cooked, peeled, and cubed
- 2 Tbsp tahini sesame seed paste
- 5 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped and cumin
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (zest from approx. 2 lemons)
- Generous pinch of sea salt or Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
How to make Roasted Beet Hummus
- To cook the beets, cut off any tops, scrub the roots clean, put them in a covered dish with about 1/4-inch of water in a 375°F oven, and cook until easily penetrated with a knife or fork. Alternatively, cover with water in a saucepan and simmer until tender, about 1/2 hour. Peel once they have cooled.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings and ingredients as desired.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage.
- Eat with pita chips, or with sliced cucumber or celery, or on a crostini with goat cheese and shaved mint.
- Roasted Beet Hummus is ready to serve.
Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients
1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound skinless peanuts
How to make Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Stir together the sugar, chipotle powder, chili powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together the butter, honey, and kosher salt in a large saucepan over medium heat until the butter has melted, and the mixture is bubbly. Stir in the peanuts until well coated, then pour out into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the nuts are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Stir the mixture 2 or 3 times to ensure even cooking. Once done, scrape the peanuts into a large metal bowl, and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Toss the peanuts to evenly coat with the spice mixture. Allow the peanuts to cool to room temperature, tossing every few minutes so the nuts do not stick together.
- Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:35 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 50 Min
Roasted Winter Squash Seeds Ingredients
1 cup winter squash seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
How to make Roasted Winter Squash Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- After removing the seeds from the squash, rinse with water, and remove any strings and bits of squash. Pat dry, and place in a small bowl. Stir the olive oil and salt into the seeds until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until seeds start to pop. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet before serving.
- Roasted Winter Squash Seeds is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:25 Min
Roasted Pepper Tart Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 medium red sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 medium green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
How to make Roasted Pepper Tart
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins are blistered and blackened, about 10 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop peppers; place in a bowl. Add oil, garlic and oregano; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Roll out dough to fit a 12-in. pizza pan. Transfer to pan. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and crust begins pulling away from edges of pan. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over crust. Sprinkle with pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Arrange olives around edge. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Roasted Pepper Tart is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
How to make Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy. Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before serving.)
- Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped parsley before serving.
- Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe is ready to serve.
Roasted Tomato Salsa Ingredients:
- 12 roma (plum) tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to make Roasted Tomato Salsa:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium baking dish, place roma (plum) tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeno chile pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Checking often, broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until outsides of vegetables are charred.
- Remove vegetables from heat. Remove and discard tomato cores, jalapeno stem and garlic skins.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the charred vegetables. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in cumin, salt, lime juice and cilantro.
Roasted Garlic Chicken Breast Ingredients:
- Canola or olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Black pepper to taste
- Seasoning salt to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 medium sized carrots (or 1 large), sliced thin
- 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced thin (sweet potato can be substituted)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil or any other herb du jour (herb of choice)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, champagne, apple juice, or chicken broth
How to make Roasted Garlic Chicken Breast:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a 2 1/2 foot long piece of foil in a 9″x13″ baking pan. Coat top of foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in middle of foil. Sprinkle tops with pepper and seasoning salt to taste if desired. Add olive oil to small cup. Peel garlic cloves and dip in oil. Drop 3 garlic cloves evenly over each chicken breast.
- Lay onion slices over the chicken. Then spread carrots over the onion and potato slices over the carrots. Top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle top with chervil. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top, then drizzle with wine.
- Fold foil over to wrap chicken and vegetable mixture up well. Bake for 1 hour. Cut into center of chicken to make sure chicken is cooked throughout. To double this recipe, make two foil wrapped chicken and vegetable packages. They will both fit in the 9″x13″ baking pan. They will still bake for 1 hour. To serve, make sure every portion has a chicken breast and a sampling of the various vegetables. Drizzle some of the juices over the top.