Home / Tag Archives: risotto rice
Tag Archives: risotto rice
Risotto Rice Ingredients:
- 1 medium-size onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups or more chicken stock/broth, canned or homemade
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to make Risotto Rice:
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Melt the butter in a big saucepan over medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Add the onion and cook, continuing to stir, until it turns soft and translucent. Turn the heat down if the onion starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, pour the chicken broth into a separate saucepan, set over medium heat, and bring to a gentle simmer. Adjust the heat as needed to maintain this simmer the whole time you are preparing the risotto.
- Once the onion is soft, add the rice and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes. Adjust the heat as necessary — if the rice is cooked at too high a heat, it will turn brown and take on an undesirable flavour