Asparagus Risotto Ingredients
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, diagonally sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked RiceSelect® Arborio Rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make Asparagus Risotto
- Heat water and broth in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add asparagus and cook until tender crisp.
Remove asparagus; set aside. In same saucepan, cook onion in remaining 1
tablespoon butter until soft. Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; stir until
absorbed. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water-broth mixture.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring and adding remaining water-broth mixture 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another. Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in asparagus, cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Asparagus Risotto is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:45 Min