Shami Kabab ingredients
- Mince meat 250 gm ( hand-made)
- Gram lentil 4 tbsp (soak in water)
- Potato 1 (boiled)
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Whole coriander 1 tsp
- Green cardamom 2
- Whole red chili 6
- Salt 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Garlic cloves 4
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves 2 tbsp
- Green chilies 2
- Ginger 1 tsp (chopped)
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
How to make Shami Kabab
- In a pan put minced meat, gram lentil soaked ,cumin seeds,fennel seeds,whole coriander,green gardamom, whole red chilli, salt, ginger and garlic cloves,boil on low flame with 2 glass of water.
- When all ingredients are tender and the water has been completely absorbed.
- Remove from stove, let it cool.
- Then add boiled potato in it and chop the mixture in a chopper.
- Now add egg, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies and all spices powder, mix well.
- Make kebabs and fry 3-4 kabab at a time to a rich brown color, turning them once.
- Remove from pan and put them on absorbent kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Garnish with green chillies, coriander leaves,sliced onion and lemon.
- Shami kabab is ready to serve hot with Pulao,Chapati and Pudina ki Chutney.
For frying shami kebabs add enough oil to just cover the surface of fry pan if there is too much oil, the kebabs will split.
Prep Time : 40-45 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serves : 6-7