3 C flour
- 1 T kosher salt
- 6 T olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten and mixed with 6 T water
- For The Filling:
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C grated Pecorino (or Romano)
- 1 lb Ricotta, excess liquid drained
- 1 C salami, sliced or cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 C shredded Mozzarella (or mild Cheddar or Gouda)
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 2 T Chopped Italian parsley
How to make Ricotta Pizza Pie
- Preheat oven to 400° F.Place the flour, salt, and olive oil in a large bowl and arrange it with your hands until the oil is incorporated and the mixture resembles crumbs.
Add the egg mixture and toss before dough all comes together in a dry mass. (Add another tablespoon or a couple of water, if needed.) Knead until just smooth.
- Flatten the dough into a disc; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients except 1 tablespoon of the eggs and 1 tablespoon of the pecorino.
Line the underside and sides of a 9-inch-diameter pie dish with 2/3 of the dough (rolled out 1/8 inch thick), allowing for a 1-inch overhang.
- Scrape the filling into the dish and top with the remaining 1/3 from the dough (rolled out towards the same thickness). Press the edges together to seal, and cut slits in the top crust.
Brush using the reserved egg and sprinkle using the reserved cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350° F and bake before top has puffed out, about One hour more.
- Let cool Fifteen minutes before removing from the dish. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Ricotta Pizza Pie is ready to serve.
70 minutes to make