Omelette With Ricotta Cheese Ingredients:
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (1/4 cup) medium shallot, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons bottled salsa
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional salsa (optional)
How to make Omelette With Ricotta Cheese:
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook until soft, stirring well. Add spinach; sauté until wilted (2 minutes), stirring well. Transfer to bowl; stir in ricotta and 3 tablespoons salsa.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Combine eggs, egg whites, and water in a bowl. Whisk until well-blended. Add salt and pepper; whisk 5 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook 10 seconds or until edges are set. Pull in cooked edges using a spatula; tip pan and rotate until there is just a little uncooked egg in the middle (about 5 minutes).
- Add spinach mixture evenly to top of omelet; sprinkle with cheese. Cook 20 seconds; remove from heat. Run spatula around omelet edges. Fold omelet in half, and let slide onto serving platter. Serve immediately with additional salsa, if desired.