Recipes for rice
Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup small cooked shrimp
- 8 rings canned pineapple, drained
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, white and green sections
- 1 – 2 tablespoons canned hot Japaleno peppers, such as Scarpone’s, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups cold cooked rice, scented jasmine or basmati if possible
- 1 to 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste (Indian curry powders, such as Madras, are good)
- Sugar, to taste
- Garnish as desired (see the recipe directions for suggestions)
How to make Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice:
- Cut the shrimp in half if desired. Cut the pineapple rings into wedges.
- Wash and grate the carrot. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized chunks. Peel and chop the onion. Wash and finely chop the green onion. Chop the Jalapeno pepper.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium to medium-heat. Add the oil, rotating the pan so that it coats the bottom and sides.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger and chopped Jalapenos. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the red bell pepper and the grated carrot. Add the pineapple and the shrimp. Stir-fry briefly.
- Add the rice, and cook for about 2 minutes, continually stirring and tossing until it becomes shiny. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Stir in the curry powder and sugar. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Stir in the green onion or use as a garnish. Serve hot.
- Garnish Suggestions: toasted coconut, crushed peanuts, and/or fresh mint sprigs or cilantro.
Thai Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice Ingredients:
- Basmathi Rice/Any long grained rice 1 cup
- Sesame oil 1/2 cup
- Ginger 2? peeled,chopped & minced
- Garlic 4 cloves choped & minced
- Pineapple -cubed 1-2 cups
- Carrots 1 small – chopped fienly
- Beans 50 grams – chopped fienly
- Cabbage – fienly chopped
- Red Bell peppers 1 sliced
- MSG 1 pinch
- White pepper 1 spoon
- Rice starch 1 spoon
- Eggs 3
- Chicken 1 small cup (bite size bits)
- Soy sauce 2-4 spoons
- Red chili sauce(not the hot sauce)
- Toamto paste 1-2 spoons
- Green onions to garnish.
How to make Thai Pineapple Chicken Fried Rice:
- Cook rice with salt and few spoons of oil. When it is done, spread them over a wide tray and set under fan.(To get well seperated and stiff rice) Or its always better to use cold cooked rice.
- Marinate chicken and shrimps each seperately with salt,light soy sauce, white pepper and rice starch.
- In a wide skillet, heat few spoons of oil. Break-in eggs. Sprinkle salt and pepper, scramble them and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat oil. Stir-fry chicken over high heat. When it is done, set them aside.
- Now stir-fry carrots, beans, cabbage & bell pepper. Add pinch of MSG to maintain
- its color. Set these aside as well.
- Now heat the same or seperate heavy bottomed skillet. Add oil. Stir-in ginger and garlic. Stir-fry till its raw odour is gone.
- Further add rice, break up if there is any lumps. Stir-fry till oil coats evenly to it. Add chili, tomato paste and soy sauce to it. Stir-fry till the rice slightly
- becoems crispy.
- Now add all the stir-fried veggies, chicken, scrambled eggs and pineapple to it. Give a thorough turn.
- Garnish with green onions and serve warm. Enjoy!
Chinese Rice Noodles Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
How to make Chinese Rice Noodles:
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until tender. Stir in noodles, and season with soy sauce, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Sprinkle top with chopped green onion.
Chinese Rice Ingredients:
- 2 cups Rice
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 100 gms Beans Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrot Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion Sliced
- 100 gms Cabbage Finely Chopped
- 2 Spring Onions Finely Chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilies cut lenghtwise
- 1 tsp Ginger Chopped Finely
- 1 tsp Garlic Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to make chinese rice:
- Pick, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- Boil water, add rice and little salt.
- Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
- Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate.
- When rice is done, drain and add soom cold water and drain again using a large seive and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai / large pan and stir fry all the chopped vegetables.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Now mix the soya sauce to it.
- Cook the chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.
Chicken & Rice Casserole Ingredients:
- 1 c. uncooked rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, or cream of mushroom
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 pounds cut up chicken or chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Chicken & Rice Casserole:
- Wash and drain rice.
- Spread in 9 x 13 inch baking dish or 3 quart casserole.
- Mix soup, Italian dressing mix and water.
- Stir into rice. Lay chicken, skin side up, on top of rice mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour at 350°.
- Uncover and cook for 20 minutes longer; until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Put casserole under broiler for a few seconds to brown chicken.
- Chicken & Rice Casserole is ready to serve.
Serves 6 to 8.
Coconut chicken with lemon rice Ingredients:
- 3cm piece root ginger , peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli , roughly chopped
- 2 onions , roughly chopped
- olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, cut into quarters
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 small bunch coriander , chopped
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- olive oil
- 3 cardamom pods , bashed
- 300g basmati rice
How to make Coconut chicken with lemon rice:
- Put the ginger, garlic, green chilli, onion and 1/2 tsp salt in a small food processor and whizz to a purée (use a drop of water if you need to bring it together).
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large wide pan and fry the purée for 3 minutes. Add the cumin, coriander and turmeric and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until it starts to colour a little. Stir in the coconut milk and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the coriander.
- To make the rice, peel long strips of rind (no pith) from the lemon. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the lemon rind and cardamom pods. Cook for 2 minutes then add the rice and stir well. Add 450ml water and bring to a boil. Put on a lid and simmer for 10-12 minutes until all water has absorbed. Turn off the heat and leave for 5 minutes. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon before serving.
Yogurt-Spiced Chicken with Almond & Coriander Rice Ingredients:
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp Madras or other Indian curry paste
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion , halved and sliced
- 3 cardamom pods , squashed
- 150g brown basmati rice
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds , toasted
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped (optional)
- ½ bunch coriander , chopped
How to make Yogurt-Spiced Chicken with Almond & Coriander Rice:
- Mix the yogurt and curry paste and toss with the chicken breasts. Heat a knob of butter in a wide shallow pan with a lid. Cook the onion and cardamom for 5 minutes then tip in the rice and stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender (you might need to add a little more stock).
- Griddle or grill the chicken breasts until golden and cooked through. Stir the almonds, chilli and coriander through the rice. Slice the breasts and sit on top of the rice.
Curried Chicken Rice Ingredients:
- 1 cup uncooked Rice (Chawal)
- 1 cut in serving pieces broiler- fryer Chicken
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 cup slivered Almond (Badam)
- 1 10 1/2 oz can Chicken Broth
- 1/2 can Water
- Curry Sauce:
- 1 10 3/4 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tblsp Sherry
- 1 tblsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
How to make curried chicken with rice:
- Place dry white rice in bottom of a buttered baking dish.
- the rice with pieces of chicken.
- Spread butter over.
- Drizzle paprika, curry powder and almonds.
- Combine chicken broth and water.
- Cover the baking dish.
- Bake it in a oven at 375o for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Spread curry sauce over chicken.
- Continue cooking unvcovered for 15 more minutes.
- Curry sauce:
- Mix all ingredients of curry sauce in a pan.
- Take it to boil over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
Poached Egg Rice Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 pinches of salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup organic extra-firm tofu (optional), 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2 – 3 cups dark leafy green, deveined and finely chopped
- 2 – 3 cups pre-cooked whole grain rice (brown is fine)
- 4 good quality eggs
How to make Poached Egg Rice:
- Fill a wide-mouthed saucepan with 3-4 inches of water and bring to a simmer.
- Separately, warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, salt, and crusher red pepper flakes. Let the onions soften up a bit – a couple minutes. Stir in the tofu if you are using it – let that heat up and brown a tad. Now stir in the garlic and greens. Cook the greens for a couple minutes, until they collapse and soften up. Stir in the pre-cooked rice and saute until hot. Remove from heat, and set aside. Taste for seasoning as well.
- Now back to the simmering water. You are going to use this to poach the eggs one at a time. Gently crack egg into a ramekin, carefully slip it into a mesh strainer over your sink – some of the whites will run through and strain off (if the mesh is too fine, you won’t get the desired effect). This minimizes the fly-away whites you normally get. Now, carefully slide the egg back into the ramekin. Lower the ramekin down into the simmering water and let the egg slip out. Let it simmer there for a few minutes, past the point when the whites have become opaque. If you like a loose yolk, cook for less time. Remove the egg with a strainer or slotted spoon and either serve it atop some rice or set aside while you repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
- Divide the rice between four bowls and serve each topped with one of the poached eggs.
Sweet Zarda Rice Ingredients:
- 4 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange food color
- 10 pods whole cardamom
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
How to make Sweet Zarda Rice:
- Place the rice in a bowl with water to cover and soak one hour.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil with food color and half the cardamom pods. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over low heat, cook remaining cardamom pods in oil 2 minutes. Stir in cooked, drained rice, and sugar. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream, raisins, walnuts, almonds and orange zest. Serve warm.