Home / Tag Archives: Rezala
Bengali Chicken Rezala Ingredients:
- Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Curd – 1 cup
- Onion – 3 large (cut into thick round slices)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green cardamom – 4
- Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
- Clove -5
- Peppercorn – 8
- Green chilli – 5
- Ghee – 3 tblsp
- Raisin – a few
- Salt – to taste
How to make Bengali Chicken Rezala:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste and set aside for an hour
- Whisk the curd with a little water and mix thoroughly with the onion slices
- Melt ghee in a pan, saute the spices except chillies
- Add the chicken pieces and saute for a few minutes
- Add the onion-curd mixture , followed by half a cup of water and bring it to boil
- Reduce the flame and cook, keeping it covered, till the chicken pieces are tender
- Add raisins and green chillied and cook furthur till the ghee starts to seperate
- Remove from heat and serve
Chicken Rezala Ingredients:
- 1Whole, chicken
- 1 tbsp Wheat flour
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 3 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 Cup keora water
- 200 gm Sour curd
- 8 Red chili
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 4 Onions
- 2 Bay leaves
- 10 Peppercorns
- 4 tbsp White oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
How to make Chicken Rezala:
- Wash and cut chicken into pieces.
- Add peepercorns, bay leaf, and garam masala to the heated oil.
- Fry chicken pieces with the spices, keep stirring.
- When the water in chicken gets dry, combine onion, ginger and garlic to it and cook well.
- Combine a mixture of curd, salt and flour to it, mix well.
- Add keora water to it.
- Steam them with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a serving spoon with red chili and combine it with the chicken