Guatemalan Rellenitos de Platano Ingredients
6 plantains, peeled and broken into chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart oil for frying
How to make Guatemalan Rellenitos de Platano
- Place the plantains in water to cover in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the refried beans. Stir in the SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and salt. Remove from heat.
- To make the rellenitos, form a palm-sized amount of mashed plantains into a ball; flatten and place about a teaspoon of the bean mixture in the middle; then mold the sides of the plantain around the beans, making an egg-shaped ball.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), or until a small amount of batter sizzles and browns in the oil. Fry rellenitos in oil until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Guatemalan Rellenitos de Platano Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr
Ready In:1 Hr 30 Min