Apple Refrigerator Pickle Ingredients
1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 6 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- How to make Apple Refrigerator Pickle Recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
How to make Apple Refrigerator Pickle
- Place the water, cider vinegar, sugar, allspice, clove, nutmeg, and ginger into a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice, and pack into two sterilized 1 quart canning jars with lids and rings. Pour the boiling syrup over the apples, and affix the lids and rings.
- Allow the jars to stand at room temperature until cool. Once cool, ress the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Place in the refrigerator, and wait 1 week before opening.
- Apple Refrigerator Pickle is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:2 Min
Ready In:7 Days 2 Hrs 22 Min