Recipes for recipe
Baked Fish Rolls Ingredients
1 1/4- 1 1/2 lbs. fillet of sole or cod
- Salt, pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Chopped parsley, chives and dill (equal portions)
- Fine, dry, bread crumbs
- 1/2-3/4 cup of cream
How to make Baked Fish-Rolls with Filling
- Choose small fillets and prepare 2 for each person.
- Wash and dry fish, drip with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Work the chopped greens into the butter and lay a piece on each fillet before rolling
up and placing in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle dried bread crumbs over.
- Put butter on top of fillets and place in an oven 450-500 degrees.
- After 10 mins.
- add the cream and leave in oven 5-10 minutes more
- Baked Fish Rolls is ready to serve.
Pumpkin Biscotti Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup brown-rice syrup or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheets
- Bread knife
How to make Pumpkin Biscotti
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine eggs, brown-rice syrup or sugar, pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger in medium bowl.
In medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; add to pumpkin mixture. Mix well. Stir in currants and nuts.
On prepared cookie sheet form one long, flat loaf, bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Slice loaf using bread knife into 16 pieces. Arrange slices on their sides on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until crisp and lightly golden.
Cool thoroughly; store covered.
Pumpkin Biscotti is ready to serve.
Beef Karahi Gosht Ingredients
500 grams Mutton (pieces with bones)
- 250 grams Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. SaltClick to find more about Salt (or as required)
- 2 tsp. GarlicClick to find more about Garlic/GingerClick to find more about
- 1 large OnionClick to find more about Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp. TurmericClick to find more about Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black PepperClick to find more about Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp. Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Garam masala Powder
- 5-6 Big Green Chilies
- Fresh Coriander LeavesClick to find more about Coriander Leaves, few
- 1/2 cup Soya Supreme Cooking Oil
- GingerClick to find more about Ginger Julienne few
How to make Beef Karahi Gosht
- Heat Cooking Oil in a karahi and add mutton, tomatoes, red chili powder, gingerClick to find more about ginger/garlicClick to find more about garlic paste and onionClick to find more about onion, stir well and cook over medium flame till the meat is quite tender. Add saltClick to find more about salt, coriander powder, turmericClick to find more about turmeric powder, black pepperClick to find more about black pepper powder and Garammasala powder, and stir well and cook for some time till the oil separates.
- Then add the yogurt and green chilies and let it cook for a few minutes on a medium fire. When it’s ready, remove from karahi into a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh coriander leavesClick to find more about coriander leaves and some gingerClick to find more about ginger julienne. Serve hot with parathas and salads, and if you want sprinkle little lemon juice and eat.
- Beef Karahi Gosht is ready to serve.
Papaya Prosciutto and Lime Ingredients
1 firm but ripe papaya
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 lime, cut and sliced into a few wedges
How to make Papaya Prosciutto and Lime
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel away the outer skin of the papaya. Cut the papaya in half. Using a metal spoon, scoop out and discard the seeds. (The seeds are edible, by the way. They taste peppery, like nasturtium flowers, and can be used in salads.) Slice the the papaya halves into wedges lengthwise. Arrange on a plate. Roll up thin sheets of prosciutto and place between the papaya wedges. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the papaya and prosciutto.
- If you would like to serve the papaya as an appetizer, cut the papaya into 1-inch pieces, sprinkle on some lime juice, wrap each piece with some prosciutto, and secure with a toothpick.
- Papaya Prosciutto and Lime is ready to serve.
Mushroom Caviar Ingredients
3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp dry white wine (e.g. Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- A couple dashes of cayenne pepper, to taste
How to make Mushroom Caviar
- Melt butter in a large skillet on high heat. Add the mushrooms and shallots. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, heat a small skillet on high heat. Add the pine nuts. Cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to get a little toasted. (Keep your eyes on the nuts, they can burn pretty quickly.) As soon as they begin to toast, remove the pan from the heat and put the pine nuts into a small bowl. Set aside.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Once they have cooked for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and a tablespoon of dry white wine. Cook for an additional minute and remove from heat. Put mushroom mixture in a bowl, add the toasted pine nuts, and set aside to cool.
- Once the mushrooms have cooled down a bit, mix in the lemon juice, sour cream, and parsley. Add more salt and pepper, if needed, to taste. Sprinkle on cayenne pepper, to taste. Chill before serving.
- Spoon onto a large butter lettuce leaf and serve with crackers. (Use rice crackers for gluten-free option.)
- Mushroom Caviar is ready to serve.
- 8 flour tortillas, about 19cm
For Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped (260g)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tins tomatoes,chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp sundries tomato puree
- 2 tsp sugar
For Chicken Filling:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, DE-seeded and diced
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 350g minced chicken
- 200g grated cheddar cheese
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute then add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes, until thick.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- For the chicken filling, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok, stir in the garlic, onion, pepper and courgette.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the chicken, stirring occasionally and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook for 7 to 8 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Stir in half of the cheese until melted.
- Heat oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6. Oil a large ovenproof dish.
- Warm the tortillas slightly and divide the filling between them, spooning down the center.
- Roll the tortillas up and put in the dish, seam side down.
- Spoon over the sauce then sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the filling is hot and the cheese has melted.
- Enchiladas is ready to serve.
For the Filling:
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the cover:
- 1 potato boiled
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp semolina
For the chutney:
- 1 lemon sized ball of tamarind
- 1/2 cup seedless dates
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Oil for frying
- Boil all the ingredients together in a vessel and let it cool.
- Later puree it and save.
- Then mash the potatoes and knead into it the bread crumbs, semolina and salt.
- The dough should be wet very soft.
- The filling is made by just mixing together all the listed items.
- Next shape small baskets of the dough in it fill about a spoonful in the basket and then collect the edges and seal to get a stuffed ball.
- For ease at frying press it down to form a Pattie else the rolly polly one are good too.
- Deep fry these Kachoris in oil on medium heat till golden brown.
- Now Coconut Kachori is ready to serve.
- 3 pounds stew beef, cut in 2-3″ pieces
- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 6 carrots, chopped in half and quartered
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 pieces orange rind
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- some water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 bay leaves
- Heat the pot and add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Brown the beef in batches then remove them with slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add in the remaining olive oil then add in the onion and garlic.
- Saute them for 5 minutes until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Add in the tomatoes, carrots, cloves, orange rind, thyme, sage, black pepper, red wine, salt, bay leaves, enough water and finally the browned beef.
- Cover and bring to simmer.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Pour the stew into a large casserole.
- Cover and bake it for 2 hours.
- Uncover and cook for another 2 hours until the beef is tender and the stew is thickened.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 500gm mushrooms
- 90gm butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 1 liter hot chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp cream
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Start by cleaning the mushrooms with a damp cloth and chop the caps and stems.
- Now, heat up the butter in a medium pan and cook the garlic and onions until they’re soft but not browned.
- This should take five to six minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms, and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes whilst stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms, mix well to combine.
- Stir in the flour and mix well, making sure all the mushrooms are well coated.
- Pour in the hot chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the bay leaf and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and leave the soup to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the soup in a food processor or if you have a hand blender this is much easier to use.
- Blend well till smooth, it may be necessary to do this in two batches.
- Rinse the saucepan and return to soup, season with salt and pepper and reheat until boiling.
- Stir in the cream then serve and eat!