Recipes for quick
Quick Garlic Toast Ingredients
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
How to make Quick Garlic Toast
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice in half; place plain side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Quick Garlic Toast is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:10 Min
Servings : 12
Quick Pasta Salad Ingredients:
1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages tricolor pasta
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat or 1/2 pound grilled chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make Quick Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse under cold water until cool and drain.
- Chop celery and crabmeat. Run hot water over peas to defrost.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, milk, salt and pepper. Add pasta, celery, and crab or chicken, and stir until evenly coated. Adjust salt, sugar or mayonnaise to taste. Chill several hours before serving.
Quick Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
Quick Italian Salad Ingredients
- Sliced tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and green pepper or
vegetables of your choice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to make Quick Italian Salad
- Arrange greens and vegetables in a salad bowl or on individual salad plates. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all remaining ingredients; shake well. Serve over salad. Yield: 1-1/2 cups dressing.
- Quick Italian Salad is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Quick and Easy Artichoke Dip Ingredients
2 14 oz. cans of artichokes (packed in water, not oil)
- 2 cups of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of mayonaise
- Salt and pepper
How to make Quick and Easy Artichoke Dip
- Drain the artichokes from the can. Coarsely chop them.
- Combine chopped chokes, Parmesan, and mayo into a microwave or oven-proof serving dish.
- Microwave on high heat for 5 minutes, pausing occassionally to stir, to ensure that the dip gets heated evenly. Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with toasted, thinly sliced French baguettes, crackers, or even leaves of endive.
- Quick and Easy Artichoke Dip is ready to serve.
Quick Corn Bread Ingredients
1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grained salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
How to make Quick Corn Bread
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together milk, oil and egg or egg whites. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and, using a fork, stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares or triangles and serve immediately.
- Quick Corn Bread is ready to serve.
Prep 10 min
Cook 25 min
Total: 35 min
Quick Grilled Shrimp Ingredients
1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 wedges lemon, for garnish
How to make Quick Grilled Shrimp
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.
- Quick Grilled Shrimp Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:6 Min
Ready In:21 Min
Quick Sausage Party Melts Ingredients
1 pound Bob Evans® Zesty Hot Sausage Roll
- 1 (8 ounce) package VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
- 24 slices cocktail-size rye bread
- 3 small fresh tomatoes, chopped
- dried oregano leaves
How to make Quick Sausage Party Melts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until browned. Cut cheese into cubes and add to sausage. Stir together until melted. Remove from heat. Spread sausage mixture on rye bread. Place bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes until bread is toasted. Remove from oven and top with tomatoes.
- Quick Sausage Party Melts Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Quick and Easy Pancit Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 lemons – cut into wedges, for garnish
How to make Quick and Easy Pancit
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, and cover with warm water. When soft, drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in chicken cabbage, carrots and soy sauce. Cook until cabbage begins to soften. Toss in noodles, and cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with quartered lemons.
- Quick and Easy Pancit Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:40 Min
Quick and Easy Steak Fajitas Recipe Ingredients
1 pound lean steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 julienned green bell pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
How to make Quick and Easy Steak Fajitas
- Combine the lime juice, ground pepper and cilantro in a shallow dish. Place steak strips into the marinade and refrigerate for two to four hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak strips, and fry until cooked to your liking. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and onions to the skillet. Cook over medium low heat, until translucent, stir in green peppers and steak. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the top and stir. When the green bell peppers are just tender remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the steak fajitas with tortillas and lemon wedges on the side.
- Quick and Easy Steak Fajitas Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 40 Min
Quick and Easy Pan Fried Flank Steak Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- Dry mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Softened butter
How to make Quick and Easy Pan Fried Flank Steak
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator a half hour before cooking. Cut away any tough connective tissue on the surface of the steak. Using the tip of a sharp knife, poke small cuts into the meat, almost all the way through. The cuts should be at an angle, in the direction of the grain of the meat as the knife tip is going in. The cuts should be about an inch apart from each other. Turn the steak over and repeat the cuts on the other side. Make sure that the cuts you are making on this side are parallel with the cuts you made on the other side, otherwise you may cut across an existing cut, and end up poking a hole through the meat.
- Sprinkle one side of the steak with dry mustard. (You can use regular mustard if you don’t have any dry mustard.) Sprinkle the steak with freshly ground pepper. Rub a tablespoon of butter all over the side of the steak. Turn the steak over and repeat with the dry mustard, pepper, and butter.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan on high heat. Sprinkle both side of the steak with salt (unless you have used salted butter, then you can skip the salt.) Place steak in hot pan. Let sear for 2 to 3 minutes until well browned. Use tongs to lift up to see if nicely browned. If so, flip to the other side and let sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the steak continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes in the residual heat of the pan (assuming you are using cast iron, if not, lower the heat to low).
- Use your fingertips to check for doneness or insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak – 120°F for very rare, 125°F for rare, or 130°F for medium rare. Flank steak should be served rare or medium rare, otherwise it may be too dry. Remove the steak from the pan to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- Cut the meat in very thin slices, at an angle, against the grain of the meat. (This way you break through the tough long muscle fibers.) Any juices that come out of the meat while cutting or resting, return to the pan. Return the pan to a burner on high heat and deglaze the pan with a little water, scraping up any browned bits. Once the water has mostly boiled down, add a little butter to the pan for a nice sauce. Arrange the cut meat on a serving plate and pour the deglazed pan juices over the meat.
- Quick and Easy Pan Fried Flank Steak recipe is ready to serve.