Kaju Burfi Ingredients:
- 3 cups Raw Cashew Nuts
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- Silver foil
How to make Kaju Burfi:
- Grind the cashews to make a fine powder.
- Next prepare a sugar syrup by combining water and sugar together in a pot and heating them.
- Stir continuously until it has a 2-thread consistency.
- Turn off the flame.
- Dissolve cashew powder in the syrup. Make the solution thick.
- Spread the solution on a greased plate and put silver foil on it.
- Allow to cool and then cut it into pieces.
- Kaju Burfi is ready.
Kaddu Ki Kheer Ingredients:
- 4 Cups grated kaddu
- 1 Tin condensed milk
- 2 Liter milk
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 Cup soaked sabudana
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
How to make Kaddu Ki Kheer:
- Boil the milk.
- Add grated kaddu and cook till it turns soft.
- Mix condensed milk and sugar well.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add soaked sabudana.
- Cook it for more 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Serve chilled.
- 3 Cups soaked urad dal
- 2 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 3 tbsps Ghee
- 2 tsp Saffron colour
- Imarti nozzle/bottle
How to make Imarti:
- Prepare sugar syrup of one thread consisitency.
- Grind dal using water to make thick batter.
- Mix 2 tsp saffron colour to the batter.
- Beat the mixture properly to make it smooth.
- Pour batter in Imarti nozzle.
- Heat ghee and form Imartis in it.
- Fry it till it turns crisp from both the sides.
- Dip them in sugar syrup.
- Remain them soaked in syrup for 5 minutes.
- Drain from the syrup.
- Serve hot.
- 1/2 kg Soft khoya
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Semi crushed cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp Slivered pista
- 2 tbsp Gulkand (a mixture with rose extract)
- 6-8 Almonds, slivered
How to make Gulkand Peda:
- Place a heavy pan on low flame and put gulkand into it.
- Stir gently and make soft lump.
- Take off from the flame and leave it aside to cool.
- Grate khoya with a steel grater.
- Add powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Put the mixture in a large & non-sticky pan and heat it on high flame for few minutes.
- Now heat it on low flame, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the fire when it turns thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow to cool the mixture and keep turning occasionally.
- Take a small portion of this mixture on your palm and flatten it.
- Place a very small amount of gulkand mixture in the center.
- Now roll gently so that gulkand gets covered by the mixture and press the roll slightly like a biscuit.
- Repeat the procedure to make more rolls.
- Decorate the rolls with slivered pista, almonds and cardamom seeds.
- Let the rolls cool.
- Gulkand Peda is ready to serve.
- 100 gm Wheat flour
- 200 gm Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Sweet spice powder
- 5 gm Fennel seeds
- 200 ml Mustard oil
- Water as required
How to make Gulgula:
- Soak and dissolve the jaggery in hot water.
- Let it cool.
- Combine flour, jaggery and little water together to make a fine paste.
- Add fennel seeds, sweet spice powder to it, mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and place a spoonful of the mixture in the hot oil.
- Deep fry the Gulgula on both sides.
- 1 kg Khoya
- 500 gms Sugar
- 500 gms Maida
- 200 gms Almonds, chopped
- 6 tbsp Cooking oil
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 200 ml Water
How to make Gujia:
- Combine maida with 6 tbsp of oil using your fingers.
- Make soft dough and knead it lightly. Add water if needed.
- Cover with a wet cloth and leave aside.
- In a frying pan, deep-fry the khoya till light brown in color.
- Add chopped almonds, sugar and raisins and mix well.
- Fry again for few minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Prepare a small and thick chapati from the kneaded dough.
- Stuff half of the chapati with the khoya mixture.
- Fold and draw the edges of chapati inwards to close.
- On slow fire, deep-fry the gujia till golden brown.
- Take out using a sieve and drain the oil properly.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- Repeat the procedure with remaining dough.
Gol Papdi Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Jaggery (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 tbsp Ghee
How to make Gol Papdi:
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a 100 mm. (4″) diameter greased thali. Keep it aside.
- Melt the ghee in a frying pan and add the wheat flour to it. Keep stirring until flour turns golden brown in color.
- Turn off the flame. Add the jaggery and cardamom powder while the mixture is hot. Stir well so that the jaggery melts.
- Pour the mixture into the greased thali with poppy seeds, while still warm; spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl.
- When the mixture gets set, cut into diamond shapes.
- Gol Papdi is ready to serve.
Gokul Pithe Ingredients:
- 200 gms Coconut (grated)
- 450 gms Khoya
- 2-1/2 cup Sugar/Date Palm Jaggery
- 150 gms Flour
- 5-6 cup Water
- 40 gms Ghee
- 1/8 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
How to make Gokul Pithe:
- First make sugar syrup by heating 2 cups sugar with 4 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel. Simmer until syrup gets a medium thick consistency. Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
- To prepare filling, fry the coconut, khoya and 2 tbsp of sugar together in a pan over medium flame. Stir continuously to avoid the filling getting stuck at the bottom of the pan. Turn off the flame.
- To make cakes, divide the coconut-khoya mixture into equal portions. Roll them into balls and flatten between the palms to form the cakes. Powder palms with flour for ease in forming the cakes.
- Now make the batter by mixing flour, remaining water, sodium bi carbonate and a little ghee together.
- Heat ghee in a pan and coat coconut-milk cakes in the prepared batter.
- Deep fry until a rich golden brown color. Remove cakes from the pan with slotted spoon.
- Drain excess oil on paper and while still hot, immerse the cakes in the sugar syrup.
- 4 Cups flour
- 2 Cups ghee
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Saffron (soaked in milk)
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp Yellow colour
How to make Ghevar:
- Mix flour, ghee, milk and 3 cups of water to make a batter.
- Dissolve colour in the remaining water.
- Mix the coloured water to batter.
- Take an aluminium or steel cylindrical container.
- Cylinder should have a height of at least 12″, and a diameter of 5-6″.
- Fill half of the cylinder with ghee and heat.
- Once the ghee is hot, pour a glass of batter in the centre of ghee.
- Allow foam to settle.
- Pour a glassful of batter in ghee again.
- Once the foam gets settled again, place ghewar on mesh.
- Prepare sugar syrup of one tar consistency.
- Dip ghevar in syrup so as to remove the extra oil.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Pour few drops of saffron water.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Ghevar is ready.
Fresh Pineapple Dessert Ingredients:
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
How to make Fresh Pineapple Dessert:
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Slice the top and bottom off the pineapple. Cut into quarters and remove the core from each piece. Lay each section skin side down and, using a sharp knife, separate the fruit along the skin, allowing the fruit to rest on the skin for presentation. Cut the fruit into slices for easy eating. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle each section with 2 tablespoons each of brown sugar and coconut.
- Broil until the coconut is toasted, about 5 minutes.