Recipes for punjabi samosa
oil 3 tbsp
- ginger & garlic paste One tablespoons of
- peas One and a halfcup
- potatoes Two medium
- coriander powder One tablespoons of
- jeera powder 1 tsp
- mustard 1 tsp
- turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- fennel seeds 1 tablespoons of
- salt to taste
- maida Two cups
- warm oil 1/2 cup
- ajwain 1/2 tsp
- warm water if required to knead
- salt in order to taste
- oil to deep fry
How to make Punjabi Samosa
- First take oil inside a kadai or a large skillet and put mustard seedling following this splutter add peas and
- fry for at some point then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric as well as fry again for just two seconds then
- include all of the above outlined powder and the the potatoes and fry really properly until it becomes dried out.
- Finally include coriander simply leaves for the flavor.
- Samosa Crust:
Take maida blend salt, ajwain and warm oil for their and make a dough, after that simply wet your
hands along with warm water to make the dough soft.
Punjabi Samosa is ready to serve.
For making dough:
- 200 gm refined flour / maida(all purpose flour)
- 100 gm wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon cornflour ( if you add cornflour , the covering of the samosa will remain crisp for 2-3 hours )
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain ( helps digestion)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water or sufficient water to make stiff hard dough dough.
- 500 g potatoes ( boiled and slightly mashed )
- 1 cup peas ( shelled and boiled )
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds(rai)
- 2-3 curry leaves
- 1/2 amchur powder ( dry mango powder )
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric(haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro(coriander)
- Oil for frying
How to make Punjabi Samosa:
- Mix maida, cornflour, wheat flour, oil, ajwain and salt.
- Make stiff hard dough with water and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- The dough will automatically become little soft because of maida.
Method for the masala/stuffing:
- Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a pan.
Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds crackle, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chillies.
- Add potatoes,peas,salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,amchur powder and garam masala.
- Mix well.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro and mix it properly.
- No need to add water.
- Make balls from the dough and roll it like a puri.
- Cut it into two from the center with the help of a knife.
- We will get two semi circle shaped puris.
Fold each part in triangle shape.
- This is done by bringing together the edges of the puri and making a cone.
- Fill the potato mixture, stick sides with the help of water and close the cone.
- Heat oil.
- Deep fry on low flame till the samosa are golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with Tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.