Recipes for pudding
Looking for Pudding Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 5,000 trusted Pudding Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Try our easy and delicious Pudding Recipes from all over the world.Sponsored Links:
Walnut Pudding Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm milk (120°)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream and additional walnuts, optional
How to make Walnut Pudding
- In a small heavy skillet, combine sugar, flour and baking soda; cook and stir over medium heat until light brown. Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in nuts. Pour into two serving dishes. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream and walnuts if desired.
Walnut Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min. + chilling
Steamed Orange Pudding Ingredients:
Butter – 125 gms
- Brown sugar – 125 gms
- Eggs – 2, slightly beaten
- Flour – 125 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 tsp
- Grated lemon rind – 1 tsp
- Orange juice (fresh) – 80 ml
How to make Steamed Orange Pudding
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add slightly beaten eggs and whisk thoroughly.
- Mix orange juice and grated lemon.
- Separately sieve together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Now add the flour to the above mixture.
- Mix together and put in a greased and dusted mould.
- Steam the pudding in a double boiler in a oven for 2 hours at 240F.
- Decorate with orange slices and serve with custard sugar.
Steamed Orange Pudding is ready to serve.
Plum Pudding Ingredients
12 plums, pitted and halved
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
How to make Plum Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a 2 quart baking dish, stir together plums, 1 cup sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. (Or 15 minutes in microwave.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together baking mix, 3 tablespoons sugar, milk and melted margarine to form a shortcake dough. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto baked plum mixture. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Plum Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:35 Min
Ready In:50 Min
Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding Ingredients:
1 pound cubed day-old rye or hearty white bread
- 2 ounces dried Polish or porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds assorted chopped mushrooms (shiitake, king trumpet, oyster, cremini)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 5 large beaten eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated hard cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano
How to make Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place mushrooms in a medium bowl and pour over boiling water. Steep for 30 minutes. Meanhwile, toast the bread cubes in the oven until dry and light golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Butter a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Lift the mushrooms out of the water being careful not to disturb the sediment at the bottom. Chop them and set aside. Strain the mushroom soaking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve and reserve.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and transfer to the bowl with bread cubes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the same skillet and add the chopped fresh mushrooms and garlic. Let cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until golden and any liquid has evaporated. Stir in the chopped reconstituted mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste. When hot, transfer the mushrooms to the bowl of bread crumbs and onions.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the reserved mushroom soaking liquid and scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula. Reduce the liquid to about 1/4 cup and add to bread mixture, stirring well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, salt and pepper to taste. Pour this custard over the bread mixture and combine thoroughly. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and dot the top with remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake uncovered 25 minutes. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and continue to bake, until the top is golden, the pudding is swollen and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes more. Serve piping hot.
- Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Eggnog Pudding Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Freshly grated nutmeg
How to make Eggnog Pudding
- Mix together flour, cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup of the milk to the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- In another saucepan, scald the remaining 2 3/4 cups milk; add to flour mixture.
- Cook and stir mixture over medium-low heat; do not allow to boil.
- In a bowl beat the yolks, remove 1/2 cup hot mixture and add to yolks to temper them; mix well and return to pot.
- Continue to cook over low heat for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla.
- Thoroughly fold egg whites into the hot mixture.
- Place in individual custard dishes or a single bowl, sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg and chill.
Cook time: 10 min
Prep. time: 10 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Toffee Brownie Trifle Ingredients
1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
How to make Toffee Brownie Trifle
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the brownies into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Toffee Brownie Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Yield: 16 servings.
Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl Ingredients
3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping, divided
- 2 cups frozen pound cake cubes (1 inch)
- 1 square BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
How to make Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl
- Combine berries and sugar; refrigerate until ready to use. Beat Neufchatel with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; mix well.
- Blend in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Spoon half into 2-1/2-qt. bowl.
- Top with layers of cake, berries and remaining Neufchatel cheese mixture. Refrigerate 4 hours. Melt chocolate; drizzle over trifle. Top with remaining COOL WHIP.
- Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 4 Hrs 20 Min
Yield: 14 servings
Death by Chocolate Trifle ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee bars, frozen and crushed
How to make Death by Chocolate Trifle
- In a 9×13 in pan, bake cake according to package directions. Cool and crumble. Make pudding, according to package directions, with milk.
- In a large trifle or other glass serving bowl, place half of the crumbled cake.
- Pour half of the coffee over the cake, and spread half of the pudding over that.
- Top with half of the whipped topping, sprinkled with half the crumbled candy bars.
- Repeat layers in the same order.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Death by Chocolate Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
Yield 12 servings
Coconut Chocolate Trifle Ingredients
1 (10.75 ounce) loaf frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 (4 ounce) bar German sweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
How to make Coconut Chocolate Trifle
- Trim crust from top, sides and bottom of cake.
- Cut cake into 16 slices. Spread preserves over eight slices; top with remaining cake.
- Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Place in a 2-qt. serving bowl; drizzle with 1/3 cup orange juice.
- Chop chocolate; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate and 1 cup coconut over cake. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, cream, pudding mix and remaining orange juice; beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Spoon over cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut and reserved chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Coconut Chocolate Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
Yield: 10 Servings
Fruity Angel Food Trifle Ingredients
4 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) prepared angel food cake*
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
How to make Fruity Angel Food Trifle
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Split cake horizontally into thirds; place one layer in a 5-qt. serving bowl that is 9 in. in diameter.
- Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and fruit.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Fruity Angel Food Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 20 Min
Yield: 16 Servings