Recipes for pudding
Looking for Pudding Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 5,000 trusted Pudding Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Try our easy and delicious Pudding Recipes from all over the world.Sponsored Links:
Milk Pudding Ingredients
- 7 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
How to make Milk Pudding
- On stove top boil water that is to be used in pot that will be placed in the oven-fill pot with about 1-2 inches of water.
- Boil milk while preparing eggs, sugar and lemon extract.
- Blend eggs, sugar and a little lemon extract.
- While adding milk to the blended mixture pour it through a strainer.
- Set stainless steel bowl in pot and set in the oven to bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let pudding cool completely in pot usually about 2 hours.
- Do not set in refrigerator to speed up cooling or pudding will fall apart.
- Once pudding is completely cooled take a round platter set over stainless steel bowl and flip upside down and the pudding should set on the platter.
Milk Pudding is ready to serve.
30 minutes to make
Marmalade Pudding Ingredients
250g soft unsalted butter, plus some for greasing
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g light brown muscovado sugar
- 150g marmalade, plus 75g for the glaze
- 225g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- zest and juice 1 orange (reserve juice ½ orange for the glaze)
- 1 x 24cm square Pyrex or other ovenproof dish
How to make Marmalade Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4, and butter the ovenproof dish.Put the 75g marmalade and juice of ½ orange into a small pan and set aside to make a glaze later.
- Put all the other ingredients for the pudding batter into a food processor, process them and then pour and scrape the batter into the buttered dish, smoothing the top. If you’re not using a processor, cream the butter and both sugars by hand or in a freestanding mixer, beat in the marmalade followed by the dry ingredients, then the eggs and finally the orange zest and juice.
- Put in the oven and cook for about 40 minutes – though give a first check after ½ hour – by which time the sponge mixture will have risen and a cake tester will come out cleanish.Remove from the oven and leave in the dish.
- Warm the glaze mixture in the pan until melted together, then paint the top of the sponge, letting the chunks or slivers of peel be your sole, unglinting decoration on top of the mutely gleaming pudding-cake. Know that this sponge will keep its orange-scented warmth for quite a while once out of the oven, so you could make it before you sit down for the main course.
- Use a large spoon or cake slice (or both) to serve, and put a jug of custard or cream on the table to eat with.
Marmalade Pudding is ready to serve.
Lemon Pudding Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
How to make Lemon Pudding
- Whisk the sugar and the cornstarch together in a medium saucepan. Add the milk and whisk until smooth. Add the egg yolks, zest, and salt and cook, stirring frequently at first and constantly towards the end, over medium heat until thickened enough to thickly coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and butter. Pour through a strainer into a large serving bowl or 4 individual serving dishes.
- Let cool to room temperature. Chill, loosely covered, for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days, or until set and thoroughly chilled. Serve chilled.
Lemon Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep 5 min
Inactive Prep 2 min
Cook 10 min
Total: 17 min
Strawberry Pudding Ingredients:
12 merry biscuits
- 400 gm fresh cream
- 1 packet strawberry jelly
- 1 tin cherry
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
How to make strawberrry pudding:
- Dissolve custard powder in 1/2 cup milk.
- Add 3 tbsp sugar to the remaining milk and boil it.
- After 1 boil, add custard powder and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Then remove it from the flame and add essence to it. Let it cool and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the jelly according to the instructions.
- Let it cool and refrigerate it for setting. Then take it out.
- Grind rest of the sugar and add it to the cream.
- Beat it until it thickens and add cream to it.
- Take out the seeds of cherries and keep its juice aside.
- Place half of the custard in a bowl and spread half of the jelly over it.
- Now dip each biscuit in the juice taken out of cherry tin and place it on the jelly.
- Spread cherry on the biscuits.
- Now spread the remaining jelly on it and then the remaining custard.
- Garnish with cherries and serve it chilled.
Strawberry Pudding is ready to serve.
Fruit Custard Pudding Ingredients:
1 small cake
- 1 tin cocktail fruits
- 2 cup fresh cream
- 4 cup milk (doodh)
- 4 tbsp custard powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 packet strawberry jelly
- 1 apple (seb)
- 1 orange (santra)
- 1 cup grapes (angoor)
- 4-5 cherries
How to make fruit custard pudding:
- Cut cake in the centre into two halves.
- Prepare jelly according to the instructions.
- Beat cream until it thickens.
- Peel all the fruits and cut into small pieces.
- Mix custard in a little milk.
- Boil the remaining milk and then add sugar and dissolved custard.
- Stir continuously until it thickens. Remove it from the flame.
- Put one cake slice in a dish and then spread some of the custard and cocktail fruits and some fresh fruits over it.
- Then put jelly and place another cake slice over it.
- Garnish with remaining custard and fruits.
- Spread cream on the top.
- Put jelly on the sides and garnish with cherries.
- Refrigerate it for setting and then serve chilled.
Fruit Custard Pudding is ready to serve.
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
How to make Chocolate Pudding
- Put 1 1/2 cups of the milk, the sugar, and the cocoa in a nonreactive saucepan. Bring to a simmer, over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup of the milk, cornstarch, salt, egg yolks, and vanilla in a bowl. Gradually whisk the hot milk into the egg mixture. Return to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat whisking constantly, until the pudding comes to a full boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer, and continue whisking until thick, about 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Pour the pudding into 6 small cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight until set.
- Just before serving pour the cream into a chilled bowl. Whip the cream with a whisk or a hand held mixer, and continue beating until soft peaks form. Take care not to over-beat the cream or it will be grainy. Serve each pudding with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Chocolate Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep 5 min
Inactive Prep 4 hr 0 min
Cook 15 min
Total:4 hr 20 min
Vanilla Pudding Ingredients
2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
How to make Vanilla Pudding
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until bubbles form at edges. In a bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Pour into hot milk, a little at a time, stirring to dissolve. Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and butter. Pour into serving dishes. Chill before serving.
Vanilla Pudding is ready to serve.
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Italian Bread Pudding Ingredients
5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) package frozen mozzarella-and-Monterey Jack cheese Texas toast, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 8 fully cooked bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to make Italian Bread Pudding
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Layer half of Texas toast in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with half each of tomatoes, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers once. Pour egg mixture over toast and cheese. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Bake casserole 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Mozzarella and Monterey Jack Texas Toast.
- Texas Toast Bread Pudding: Omit dried basil, tomatoes, and bacon. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Sausage Roll Casserole: Omit dried basil, tomatoes, and bacon. Increase cheese to 1 1/2 cups. Substitute 1 (18-oz.) package frozen sausage wrap rolls for Texas toast. Break apart sausage rolls; cut each roll crosswise into thirds, cutting across sausage. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Italian Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min.
Chill: 4 hr.
Bake: 55 min.
Stand: 5 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Caramel Custard Pudding Ingredients:
Sugar – 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup
- Whole eggs – 3
- Egg yolks – 3
- Whole milk – 3 cups
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
How to make Caramel Custard Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Keep ready an ungreased 9″ round baking dish.
- Carefully cook 1/2 cup of sugar over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, stirring constantly until it is melted and turns golden and then very dark brown.
- Immediately pour the hot caramel syrup into the baking dish and swirl the pan until it coats the bottom.
- Please note the caramel will harden at this point and melt again later as the flan bakes.
- Now whisk the eggs, egg yolks and the remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add in the milk and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into the baking dish on top of the hardened caramel syrup. Set the baking dish in a larger baking pan and fill the larger pan with hot water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Please note the center should be slightly soft, as the flan will finish cooking after it is removed from the oven.
- 1 Let it cool in the water bath, then remove baking dish from water bath and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or upto 8 hours.
- 1 Before serving, run a sharp knife around the edge of the flan to release it. Place a large serving plate over the baking dish and using both hands, invert the dish so that the flan and the liquid sauce unmold onto the platter. Refrigerate again until serving time.
Caramel Custard Pudding is ready to serve.
Choco Coffee Pudding Ingredients:
For layer 1
Milk bread – 8 slices (6 if large)
- Instant coffee – 1 tbsp
- Drinking chocolate – 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/4 tbsp
For layer 2
- Vanilla ice cream – 1/2 litre
- Gelatine crystals – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Milk chocolate – 1 tbsp, grated
- Chocolate sauce – optional
How to make Choco Coffee Pudding
For layer 1:
- Break bread and place in a dry-grind mixie. Add the chocolate powder, coffee, icing sugar and essence.
- Blend to get fine crumbs. Rinse a casserole or padding bowl with cold water. Put the crumbs in and press down evenly and lightly by hand. Sprinkle the milk over it and allow to set in chiller for 1 hour.
- Take water in a heavy based pan and sprinkle the sugar and gelatine over it. Leave undisturbed for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now warm over very low flame stirring continuously till no crystals are left and water is clear.
- Beat ice cream over a tray of chilled water of ice cubes.
- To the ice cream, add the curd, gelatine solution and stir, keep stirring till thick and creamy.
- Pour over the bread layer.
- Allow to set in freezer and decorate with grated chocolate. Serve with chocolate sauce.
Choco Coffee Pudding is ready to serve.