Recipes for pudding
Looking for Pudding Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 5,000 trusted Pudding Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Try our easy and delicious Pudding Recipes from all over the world.Sponsored Links:
Bread Pudding Ingredients
2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread, allow to stale overnight in a bowl
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brandy
How to make Bread Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
- Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix and crumble together brown sugar, butter, and pecans.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
- For the sauce:
- Mix together the granulated sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted. Add the brandy, stirring well. Pour over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold.
Bread Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep 10 min
Inactive Prep 24 hr 10 min
Cook 50 min
Total: 25 hr 10 min
Caramel Pudding Ingredients:
4 Cups milk
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 4 Egg whites
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
How to make Caramel Pudding:
- Bring brown sugar and milk to a boil, keep stirring.
- Beat yolks and cornstarch together in a big bowl and add butter to it.
- Add it to the first mixture and cook, keep stirring till thick.
- Pour it into the greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F, till brown.
- Beat egg whites with sugar and brush on top.
- Now return to the oven and brown top.
Caramel Pudding is ready to serve.
Cheese Pudding ingredients
1 litres (2 pints) milk
- 125 g (4 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 450 g (1 lb) cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) french mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make Cheese Pudding
- Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan. Put the breadcrumbs into a bowl and pour the milk over. Stir in the cheese.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the mustard and with the milk and breadcrumbs. Season.
- Butter a large, shallow 8 litre (5 pint) ovenproof dish well and pour in the cheese pudding mixture. Bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for about 45 minutes, until lightly set and golden.
- Serve with a mixed salad
Cheese Pudding is ready to serve.
China Grass Pudding Ingredients:
ineapple – half of one
- Sugar – As reqd
- China grass – half
- Milk – 1/2 ltr
- Milkmaid – 1 full tin
- Cherry for garnishing
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
How to make China Grass Pudding
- Soak the China grass with 1/4 cup of water for 15 mins or till it becomes very soft.
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces.
- 3)Add sugar and cook for 5 – 10 mins in the microwave.
- Mix together milk, the soaked chinagrass, milkmaid and vanilla essence and place it on fire.
- When the chinagrass starts melting, immediately remove from the fire. Otherwise it will curdle.
- Pour the cooked pineapple on a flat plate.
- Top it with the milkmaid mixture.
- Allow to cool.
- Garnish with cherry.
China Grass Pudding is ready to serve.
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Chocolate Pudding
- In a saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Place over medium heat, and stir in milk. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and stir in margarine and vanilla. Let cool briefly, and serve warm, or chill in refrigerator until serving.
- Chocolate Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:20 Min
Cranachan Pudding Ingredients
60g of medium oatmeal
- 150g of raspberries
- 4 tablespoons of malt whisky
- 4 tablespoons of runny Scottish honey
- 600mls of double cream
How To Make Cranachan
- Scatter the oatmeal onto a baking tray and toast in a low oven or under the grill until they become golden brown. Do stand and watch this because they can easily and quickly burn.
- The book Nick Nairn’s New Scottish Cookery advises toasting the oatmeal with a half measure of sugar together to give a crunchy texture and caramel flavour. This is done either under the grill or with care in a non stick frying pan using a medium heat and tossing often. Nick Nairn uses pinhead oatmeal and uses soft brown sugar. He also recommends tossing the raspberries in whisky and warm honey for an enhanced flavour. Once prepared he hen drizzles any extra whisky with the warmed honey over the cranachan.
- Blend 50g of the raspberries in the liquidiser until they become smooth.
Cranachan Pudding is ready to serve.
Danish Rice Pudding Ingredients:
1 (1/4 oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup short-grain white rice, or arborio rice, uncooked
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- a dash of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, for whipping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1 whole almond
How to make Danish Rice Pudding
- Place 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 3 minutes to soften gelatin. Warm mixture in microwave until gelatin dissolves, about 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, place 2 cups of the milk and the rice in a medium saucepan. Stir over moderate heat until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in the dissolved gelatin, then the remaining 2 cups of milk, the dash of salt and the sugar.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a large bowl. Freeze until mixture is cold and thickens but does is not set, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Whip the cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the rice mixture. Fold in the 1/2 cup chopped almonds, and the one (1) whole almond. Place in a serving bowl and chill in rerigerator.
- When ready to serve, spoon Ris ala mande into individual dessert bowls, and if desired, sprinkle a little ground cinnamon or nutmeg and sliced or slivered almonds over the top of each individual bowl and serve with Homemade Bing Cherry Sauce or a spoonful of canned cherry pie filling. Refrigerate any left-over pudding.
Danish Rice Pudding is ready to serve.
Raspberry Pudding Ingredients
3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 12 lady fingers
- 1 pint raspberries
- fresh mint (for garnish)
How to make Raspberry Pudding
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a double boiler. Beat eggs, add milk. Cook over boiling water until mixture has thickened. Refrigerate.
- Whip cream until peaks form, adding almond and vanilla. Fold the whipped cream into the first mixture. Line decorative sherbet glasses with the lady fingers. Fill with the pudding.
- Top pudding with crushed raspberries and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Frozen Brownies is ready to serve.
Macaroni Pudding Ingredients
1.1lt (2 pints) Milk
- 65g (2½oz) Macaroni
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Brandy.
- ½ Lemon, rind only
- Sugar and Grated Nutmeg, to taste
How to make Macaroni Pudding
- Put the macaroni into a saucepan, with 600ml (1 pint) of milk, the lemon peel and let it simmer gently until the macaroni is tender.
- Put into a pie dish without the peel.
- Mix the remaining milk with the eggs stirring well.
- Add the sugar and brandy and pour the mixture over the macaroni.
- Grate a little nutmeg over the top.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- To make this pudding look nice, a paste should be laid round the edges of the dish and for variety, a layer of preserve or marmalade may be placed on the macaroni, in this case omit the brandy.
Macaroni Pudding is ready to serve.
Time: 45 minutes
Baking Time: 30 min
Sufficient for 5 or 6 persons.
Papaya Pudding Ingredients:
2 Teacup Papaya Slices
- 2 tbsp Skim Milk
- 1 tsp Sugar
How to make Papaya Pudding:
- Blend the milk, papaya and sugar in a liquidizer.
- Pour this mixture into cups.
- Papaya Pudding is ready. Serve it chilled.
Papaya Pudding is ready to serve.