Recipes for pudding
Looking for Pudding Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 5,000 trusted Pudding Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Try our easy and delicious Pudding Recipes from all over the world.Sponsored Links:
English Trifle Ingredients
- 2 (8 or 9 inch) white cake layers, baked and cooled
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 12 maraschino cherries
How to mkae English Trifle
- Slice strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar. Cut the bananas into slices and toss with orange juice. Combine pudding mix with milk and mix until smooth. Cut the cake into 1 inch cubes.
- Use half of the cake cubes to line the bottom of a large glass bowl. Layer half of the strawberries followed by half of the blueberries, and then half of the bananas. Spread half of the pudding over the fruit. Repeat layers in the same order.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks and spread over top of trifle. Garnish with maraschino cherries and slivered almonds.
Yield 1 bowl
Easy Trifle Ingredients
- 1 cake mix
- 2 packets of custard or pudding mix (see note above)
- 2 bags, 1 lb. each, frozen fruit or equivalent sliced fresh fruit
- 1/3 C sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream, whipped (or to save time, use whipped topping)
- additional fresh fruit for garnish
- 1/3 C sherry or other liquor (optional)
How to make Easy Trifle
- Prepare cake according to directions on package. Let cool completely.
- Prepare custard or pudding mix according to package instructions. Let cool completely.
- Mix fruit with sherry and fruit. If you don’t want to use alcohol, use a little water or juice instead. You want the fruit to be sitting, but not swimming, in a bit of sweetened juice.
- Whip the cream.
- To assemble: Trifle is very forgiving, it takes no effort to make it look great! If you don’t have a trifle bowl, like the one in the photo, use any large glass bowl. It doesn’t technically have to be glass, but it looks prettier if it is. You can also make individual servings by placing the layers in large wine goblets.
- Cut the cakes into large chunks and cover the bottom of your dish with a layer of cake. Top with a layer of prepared fruit, then a layer of custard. Repeat the process until you are out of ingredients or the bowl is full. Top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh fruit. Chill until serving time.
- To Serve: Simply scoop out servings with a large spoon.
Strawberry Banana Trifle Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional strawberries or banana slices, optional
How to make Strawberry Banana Trifle
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in strawberries; set side.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes set aside. Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain and set aside.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Layer with half of the pudding, bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional fruit if desired.
- Yield: 14 servings.
- Prep: 20 min
Berry Trifle Ingredients
- 1 (10.75 ounce) package prepared pound cake, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen blueberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons praline liqueur
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make Berry Trifle
- Place cubed cake in bottom of large glass serving bowl.
- Layer the blueberries, raspberries and blackberries on top of the cake. Sprinkle with praline liqueur.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, condensed milk and 1 cup of whipped topping, stir well.
- Pour mixture over frozen berries. Top custard with remaining cool whip.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, enough for the berries to thaw before serving.
Rice Pudding For Kids Ingredients:
- 1/2 pound long grain white rice, cooked (still warm)
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup milk (additional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
How to make Rice Pudding For Kids:
- Add the milk to the warm rice, mix thoroughly.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Mix well.
- Melt teaspoon of butter, add 1/4 cup milk. Heat through but do not boil.
- Place rice mixture in an oven safe dish and pour butter-milk mixture on top.
- Bake at 350F and bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
Mango Rice Pudding Ingredients:
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice, rinsed well and drained
- Zest from 1 small lime, removed with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 large firm-ripe mango
- Garnish with 10 lime slices and grated lime zest (optional)
How to make Mango Rice Pudding:
- Bring milk and cinnamon to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cover, remove from heat and let steep while cooking rice.
- Bring 2 cups water and the salt to a full boil in a 2 qt. saucepan. Stir in rice. Place strips of lime zest on top. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Discard zest. Fluff rice with a fork; leave in saucepan.
- Pour warm milk over rice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat. When small bubbles appear around edge of pan, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gently simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until pudding is thick and creamy.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and extracts.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Holding mango firmly on a cutting board, cut a single slice along each side of the long flat seed so you have 2 halves.
- Cut side strips from seed.
- Remove peel from halves and strips. Dice 1/2 mango and side strips; cut remaining 1/2 crosswise into 10 thin slices for garnish.
- Stir diced mango into pudding.
- Let pudding cool about 20 minutes if serving warm.
- Garnish each with a mango and lime slice and grated lime zest.
Vermicelli Pudding Ingredients:
- 1 Litre Milk
- 200 gms Vermicelli
- 250 gms Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 Pinches Saffron
- 15-20 Pieces cashewnuts
- 8 tbsp Ghee
How to make Vermicelli Pudding:
- Fry the vermicelli in half of the ghee till it turns golden brown.
- Keep the milk for boiling. Add vermicelli in boiling milk.
- Boil the milk till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Add sugar and stir it to dissolve.
- Now add cardamom powder and saffron.
- Continue boiling till the desired consistency is achieved.
- Garnish it with fried cashewnuts.
- Put off the flame.
- Serve the vermicelli pudding hot or cold.
Gajar Ka Halwa Ingredients
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- 450 grams Sugar
- 1cup khoya
How to make Gajjar Ka Halwa
- Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the gajjar halwa from heat and add khoyathen arrange in a serving dish.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.