Recipes for pudding
Looking for Pudding Recipes? EvernewRecipes has more than 5,000 trusted Pudding Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Try our easy and delicious Pudding Recipes from all over the world.Sponsored Links:
For that sponge
- 175g/6oz dates, chopped
- One and a halfrounded teaspoon bicarbonate associated with soda
- 50g/2oz salted butter
- pinch salt
- 75g/2½oz demerara sugar
- 75g/2½oz molasses sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 175g/6oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- butter, for greasing
- For the sticky toffee topping
- 250ml/9fl ounce double cream
- 80g/3oz butter
- 80g/3oz molasses sugar
- For that extra sauce
- 300ml/10fl oz whipping cream
- 50g/2oz molasses sugar
- 50g/2oz salted butter
- double cream, to serve
How to make Sticky toffee pudding
- Preheat the actual oven to 180C/350F/Gas
- Pour 275ml/10fl oz cooking water into a big mixing dish and include the dates. Stir and hang apart till lukewarm. At the same time, calculate away all the other elements for that sponge. Add these phones the dates and water as well as blend together till nicely mixed.
- Blend the actual date combination in a mixer till nearly sleek, however with several specks associated with date still visible. Amply butter a cooking dish upon just about all surfaces and pour within the sponge batter. Bake with regard to 40 minutes, or even until just firm to touch.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, make both the topping and the extra sauce through heating system the components gently in individual cookware, whisking frequently, till they briefly boil. Put the topping over the cooked pudding.
- Place the sticky toffee pudding under a moderate barbeque grill till effervescent.
- To serve, tea spoon the actual pudding into individual bowls as well as pour around the extra sauce.
Sticky toffee pudding is ready to serve.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
30 mins to 1 hour cooking time
2 large deluxe teacakes (ready-made)
- 30g/1oz unsalted butter
- 2/3 tbsp/½fl ounce honey
- juice and grated rind of 2 large oranges
- Two large ripe nectarines or even peaches, stoned and sliced
- 200g/7oz raspberries
- 110g/4oz strawberries
- 200g/7oz blueberries
- 200g/7oz blackcurrants
- 2/3 tbsp fruit syrup liqueur (for example cassis)
- To serve
- clotted or even thick Dorset cream
How to make Hot summer pudding
- Heat the barbeque grill or pot skillet.
- Cut every teacake in two as well as barbeque grill or even pot on both sides for about one minute or till gently toasted.
- Melt the actual butter inside a fry pan. Add the honey, lemon juice and rind and prepare for about Thirty seconds, mixing often, to form a syrup. Briefly dip the actual done teacakes in to the syrup, then arranged to 1 side.
- Add the nectarines to the syrup. Include and cook with regard to 4-5 minutes till sensitive.
- Remove the lid, include the fruits and cassis and prepare for a further 20-30 seconds, uncovered.
- Place the comfortable teacake half, cut-side upward, on each of 4 helping dishes. Tea spoon within the hot fruit jam and finished with a spoonful associated with crème fraîche or clotted cream.
Hot summer pudding is ready to serve.
Less than 30 mins preparation time
Less than 10 mins cooking time
- Bread 6 slices
- Cream 1 packet
- Milk 2 cup
- Butter 50 gm
- Dry fruits 50 gm
- Orange juice 2 tbsp
- Marmalade 4 tbsp
- Sugar ½ cup
Ingredients for Marmalade Sauce
- Food color a pinch
- Marmalade ½ cup
- Corn flour 1 tsp
- Orange juice 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
How to make Orange Marmalade Pudding
- Spread 50 gm butter and 4 tbsp marmalade on 6 bread slices.
- Now cut each slice into triangular shape.
- Put bread in a baking dish, spread dry fruits on top.
- In other bowl beat together 2 cups milk, ½ cup sugar, 1 packet cream and 2 eggs.
- Pour this mixture on top of bread slices.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Method for Marmalade Sauce
- In a pan, put together ½ cup marmalade, 1 tsp corn flour, 2 tbsp orange juice, 2 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of food color.
- Cook till sauce thickens.
- Spread on top of prepared pudding.
Orange Marmalade Pudding is ready to serve.
Indian Pudding Ingredients
6 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
How to make Indian Pudding
- Scald the milk and butter in a large double boiler. Or heat the milk and butter for 5 or 6 minutes on high heat in the microwave, until it is boiling, then transfer it to a pot on the stove. Keep hot on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, and salt; stir in molasses. Thin the mixture with about 1/2 cup of scalded milk, a few tablespoons at a time, then gradually add the mixture back to the large pot of scalded milk. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Temper the eggs by slowly adding a half cup of the hot milk cornmeal mixture to the beaten eggs, whisking constantly. Add the egg mixture back in with the hot milk cornmeal mixture, stir to combine. Stir in the sugar and spices, until smooth. At this point, if the mixture is clumpy, you can run it through a blender to smooth it out. Stir in the raisins (optional). Pour into a 2 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish. Bake for 2 hours at 250°F.
- Allow the pudding to cool about an hour to be at its best. It should be reheated to warm temperature if it has been chilled. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Indian Pudding is ready to serve.
Almond Rice Pudding Ingredients
8 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium grain rice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or raspberry pie filling
- Toasted slivered almonds
How to make Almond Rice Pudding
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the milk, rice, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in chopped almonds and extract. Fold in whipped cream. Garnish with pie filling and slivered almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
Almond Rice Pudding is ready to serve.
Apple Bread Butter Pudding Ingredients
4 thick slices Thickly Buttered White Bread [or equivalent in other bread]
- 1 oz Raisins
- 1 oz Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Small Dessert Apple
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 pt Milk
- 1 tbsp Sherry
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Demerema Sugar
How to make Apple Bread Butter Pudding
- Grease a deep sided dish about 7″ diameter or a small casserole. Cut the crusts off the bread and set aside to fill in any ‘gaps’ then cut the slices into eighths.
- Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon & raisins. Cover the bottom of the dish with 1/3 of the bread [butter side down] and sprinkle just under half of the sugar mixture over the bread.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer or bread and sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over the bread.
- Peel, core and finely dice the apple, place in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook until just tender. Put half the apple piece over the bread and sugar
- Put another layer of bread in the dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the apple and the remaining sugar of the bread. Top with the remaining bread, butter side up.
- Mix the milk, egg and sherry and pour very slowly over the bread, try to get some on every piece.
- Turn the oven on to 190°C [170°C fan ovens] and leave the dish to stand for 15-20 min [the longer it soaks the softer the end result].
- Sprinkle the demerera sugar over the top and bake for 45 min until browned.
Apple Bread Butter Pudding is ready to serve.
Apple Latkes Ingredients
4 Northern Spy apples , 1-3/4 lb (875 g)4 4Northern Spy appleNorthern Spy apples or golden delicious apples, 1-3/4 lb (875 g)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar 2 2tbsp tbsp(25 mL) (25 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 1tbsp tbsp(15 mL) (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 Pinch salt 1 1Pinch Pinchsalt
- 2 eggs , separated2 2eggeggs, separated
- 3/4 cup cold water 3/4 3/4cup cup(175 mL) (175 mL) cold water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1cup cup(250 mL) (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon 1 1tsp tsp(5 mL) (5 mL) cinnamon
- Vegetable oil , for fryingVegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup icing sugar 1/4 1/4cup cup(50 mL) (50 mL) icing sugar
How to make Apple Latkes
- Peel and grate apples into bowl. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the granulated sugar, lemon juice and salt ; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. In large bowl, whisk egg yolks with cold water; vigorously whisk in flour and cinnamon until almost smooth and a few lumps remain. Stir in apple mixture. Fold in egg whites.
- In large deep skillet, heat 1/2 inch (1 cm) oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Scoop in mixture by scant 1/4 cupfuls (50 mL), leaving about 2 inches (5 cm) between each latke. With spoon, flatten to generous 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness. Fry until deep golden, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain latkes on paper towel-lined rimmed baking sheets. Repeat with remaining mixture, removing any cooked bits from skillet after each batch and adding more oil as necessary. Sift icing sugar over latkes.
- Apple Latkes is ready to serve.
Apple Pudding Ingredients
6 tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
How to make Apple Pudding
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Toss apples with flour, sugar and salt and place in a 9×9 inch baking dish. Pour enough milk into dish to come almost to the top of the apples, but not cover them.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until apples are tender.
Apple Pudding is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Banana Pudding Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
How to make Banana Pudding
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.
Banana Pudding is ready to serve.
Biscuit Pudding Ingredients:
6 cold biscuits
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
How to make Biscuit Pudding
- Soak crumbled biscuits in hot water for a few minutes; add sugar, butter, nutmeg, raisins, beaten eggs, and milk, mixing after each addition. Pour into 1-quart greased baking dish; bake in preheated 350° oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned.
Biscuit Pudding is ready to serve.