Recipes for potato
Aloo Ki Bhaji Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoon. oil
- 1 1/2 ts. red chili pepper (kutti hui mirch)
- 2 green chili (sliced in half)
- 4 tablespoon. oil
- 1 1/2 ts. salt
- half of a lemon
- cilantro (chopped)
- 1/21 cup of water
How to make Aloo Ki Bhaji
- Peel the potatoes,slice into 1/4,then in little thin slices.
- Pour the oil into a pan on med.
- heat, add the potatoes and stir well.
- Add in the salt and red chili pepper and mix well.
- Add the water in and cover for 5 minutes.
- When potatoes have fully cooked then keep on low heat and squeeze in half lemon then add cilantro and sliced green chilis.
Spicy potato Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbs Tamarind paste
- 2 c Water
- 8 sm Boiling potatoes
- 1/4 c Corn oil
- 1 md Onion; thinly sliced
- 2 ts Minced fresh ginger
- 4 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 ts Dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ts Ground turmeric
- 1/2 ts Ground cardamom
- 1/2 ts Ground fennel
- 1/2 ts Cinnamon
- 1/4 ts Freshly ground pepper
How to make Spiced Potato in Tamarind Sauce
- Dissolve tamarind paste in 1 cup water.
- Let stand 30 minutes.Strain.
- Boil potatoes until just tender.
- Cool completely,then peel.
- Using wooden skewer,pierce each potato in 4 places.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until crisp and lightly browned, stirring frequently,about 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add potatoes and brown well on all sides.
- Remove from skillet.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon oil from skillet.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in pepper flakes and turmeric.
- Blend in 2 tablespoons water.Mix in onion.
- Add potatoes,tamarind liquid and remaining 14 tablespoons water.
- Stir in cardamom, fennel,cinnamon and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly,about 15 minutes. Season with salt.
Khate Aloo Ingredients:
Potatoes 1 large (baking potato)or 23 small
- Mustard Seed (Rai) 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek Seed (Methi Dana) 1 teaspoon
- Onion (Calonji) 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seed (Zeera) 1 teaspoon
- Whole Red Mirch 23
- Red Pepper
- Turmeric (Haldi)
- Oil 1 tbs
How to make Khate Aloo
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes and set aside.In a pot, heat oil.
- Add Rai, Calonji and Methi Dana and fry for a minute.
- Then add Zeera and whole red mirch and fry for another minute.
- Add the potato cubes, salt, red pepper and haldi and stir to coat.
- Pour in a little water so that the potatoes do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are soft.
- You may have to periodically add more water.
- When cooked the potatoes should be dry and coated with the various seeds.
Potato Mushrooms Ingredients:
2 large potatoes ( Boiled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Mushrooms 1/2 a kilo or 1 can
- Fresh green coriander
- 3 green chillies (finely chopped)
- black pepper
- salt as desired
- 3 tablespoon butter
How to make Potato Mushrooms
- Cut mushrooms in half and stir fry in butter in a wok for 5 minutes.
- Now add boiled potato cubes and salt n pepper.
- Stir fry for 2 3 minutes.
- Add green chillies and coriander at the end.
- Serve hot.
Potato Soup Ingredients:
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into chunks
How to make Potato Soup:
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.
- Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Add cream cheese.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
Beans And Potato Ingredients:
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 pound fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2 (12 ounce) packages corn tortilla
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package queso fresco
- oil for frying
How to make Beans And Potato:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). In a bowl, toss diced potatoes together with cumin, chili powder, salt, and ketchup, and place in an oiled baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, boil tomatillos and chopped onion in water to cover for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, puree with half of the cilantro until smooth.
- Fry tortillas individually in a small amount of hot oil until soft.
- Mix potatoes together with pinto beans, 1/2 cheese, and 1/2 cilantro. Fill tortillas with potato mixture, and roll up. Place seam side down in an oiled 9×13 inch baking dish. Spoon tomatillo sauce over enchiladas, and spread remaining cheese over sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Spiced Potato Bites Ingredients:
- 700 grams Potato
- 4 tbs cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or according to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground zeera
- 1/2 teaspoon dhuniya powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or according to taste
How to make Spiced Potato Bites
- Boil the potatoes with skins till soft and cool.
- Peel and dice into 1 inch cubes.
- In a nonstick pan heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and fry lightly stirring occasionally till golden brown.
- Add all spices and stir till potatoes are evenly coated.
- Serve hot or cold.
Ingredients for Punjabi Karhi
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 1/4 cup Chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped potato
- 1 tsp Ajwain..
- 1 tsp Red chili powder.
- 1 tsp Chopped ginger.
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder.
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt As per taste
- 1 cup Kadhi Curd (yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Gram flour
- 2 no. Dry red chili whole
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder.
- A pinch Asafetida
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds.
- 2 tbsp Oil.
- Salt As per taste
How to make Punjabi Karhi
- Mix all pakora ingredients except oil and add about ½ cup of water. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai and deep fry vegetable and gram flour mixture after making into small balls. Fry till pakoras are golden brown.
- Beat Curd/Yogurt and mix gram flour in it. Blend thoroughly so as to ensure that there are no lumps. Add turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai. Add fenugreek seeds and dry red chili. Stir fry for half minute. Add Gram flour and Yogurt mixture. Bring it to a boil and simmer on a slow fire for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add red chili powder and fried pakoras and again simmer the punjabi kadi for about 5 minutes.
- Serve punjabi kadhi hot with steamed rice.
Aaloo Keema Ingredients:
- 250 gms Potatoes (cut in small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt (according to taste)
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 6 Whole Black Pepper
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 kg Minced Beef
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6 tbsp Oil
- 6 Cloves
How to make Aloo Keema:
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Saute the chopped onion pieces in oil until light brown.
- Add black pepper, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste and finely chopped tomatoes to the onions.
- Cook on medium heat till the water is dried. Add mince meat, mix and dry the water again.
- Add salt, turmeric and enough water to cover the meat completely.
- Cook till meat is tender and the water dries.
- Add potatoes and cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and garnish with fresh coriander leaves, green chilies and lemon juice.
- Aloo Keema is ready. Serve with naan.
Aloo Chana Chat Ingredients:
- 250gms Boiled Chick peas
- 3 Potatoes, boiled, peeled, diced
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 inch ginger (grated)
- 1 Tomato, deseeded, medium chopped
- 2 Green chillis, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- Juice of 1 to 1 1/2 lemons
- Salt to taste
How to make aloo chana chat:
- Wash chick peas and strain.
- Boil potatoes until soft and dice in 1cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and over moderate heat put the chopped green chilies, onion and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Throw in the chick peas and potatoes, and toss until slightly brown.
- Finally add the tomatoes and toss it over medium heat.
- Sprinkle cumin powder ,red chilli powder and chaat masala
- Place the mixture in the bowl and sprinkle fresh coriander with salt to taste.
- To add the punch squeeze lemon juice on top.