Recipes for potato
Aaloo Ki Tikki Ingredients:
- 3-4 Potatoes (boiled)
- 3 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5-6 twigs Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Oil to fry
How to make Aloo Ki Tikki:
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them while still warm.
- Add green chilies, coriander leaves, salt, asafoetida and red chili powder to it and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 portions, shape them into round tikkis and flatten them a bit.
- Now heat a tawa and shallow fry the tikkis in oil on both sides, till golden. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Aloo ki Tikki is ready to serve. Serve with chutney.
Shrimp Corn and Potato Soup Ingredients:
- 1 tb Unsalted butter
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 2 md Onions; finely diced
- 2 Poblano chiles; toasted and
- 4 Garlic cloves; finely
- 6 Plum tomatoes; peeled,
- ; and chopped
- 1 c Fish broth or clam juice
- 1 Bay leaf
- 6 sm New potatoes; peeled and
- 3 c Milk
- 1 c Corn kernels; fresh, thawed
- 1 Ear Corn; shucked, cross-cut
- ; into 1/2″ rounds
- 1 lb Medium raw shrimp; peeled,
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 sm Bunch Cilantro; leaves only
How to make Shrimp Corn and Potato Soup:
In a large heavy saucepan, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until slightly golden. Add the poblanos and the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more, until the aroma of the garlic is released. Add the tomatoes, fish broth and bay leaf. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil, and decrease the heat so the mixture is simmering. Cover the pan and simmer the soup for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart. Stir in the milk and simmer for 5 minutes more, then add the corn kernels, corn rounds, shrimp, salt and pepper and simmer for an additional 4 minutes. Taste for seasoning and serve in heated bowls, sprinkled with a few leaves of cilantro. This recipe yields 6 servings. Comments: Fresh chiles and bell peppers can be roasted over a gas flame or on a tray under the broiler. Keep turning so the skin is evenly charred, without burning and drying out the flesh. Transfer the charred peppers to a plastic bag, tie the top closed and let steam until cool to the touch, about 15 minutes. (If you are rushed, you can place the bag in a bowl of iced water to speed things up.) The best way to peel is just to pull off the charred skin by hand and then dip the peppers briefly in water to remove any blackened bits. Do not peel the pepper under running water since that will wash away flavorful juices. Once peeled, cut away stems, seeds and veins. Recipe Source: TOO HOT TAMALES with Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken From the TV FOOD NETWORK – (Show # TH-6238 broadcast 01-26-1997) Downloaded from their Web-Site – http://www.foodtv.com Formatted for MasterCook by MR MAD, aka Joe Comiskey – [email protected] 01-30-1997 Recipe by: Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Potato & Onion Soup Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups milk
- 5-1/2 cups homemade chicken stock or use canned
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, whole
- 1 cup light cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 6 slices lean bacon, crisply fried and chopped
How to make Potato & Onion Soup:
- Heat a 6- to 8-quart stockpot, add the butter and onion, and cook gently. Do not let the onion brown. Add the peeled and sliced potatoes, milk, and chicken stock. Add 1/4 cup chives, celery seeds, and thyme. Cover and cook gently for about an hour.
- Prepare a roux: Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk in the flour. Let the flour and butter mixture (roux) bubble for 2 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Thicken the soup with the roux, whisking carefully to avoid lumps. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes and then puree the soup in a food processor or food blender.
- Add the cream and gently reheat, but do not boil. Season with the salt and pepper. Serve with additional 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives and the crisply fried bacon as garnishes.
- This soup can also be made with the chopped white part of 5 or 6 large leeks instead of onions. Additional garnishes you can use instead of bacon are chopped prawns or a small dice of lobster.
Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 6-8 red potatoes
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 bell pepper-any colour-chopped
- 1-2 carrots-sliced
- 1/3 long english cucumber-sliced
- 1 cup broccoli flowerettes
- 4-6 green onions-chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
How to make Potato Salad:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 tbsp. steak sauce(optional)
- Boil eggs in salted water 8-10 minutes, cool and set aside.
- Wash potatoes and peel if desired. I usually leave the skins on.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch slices and boil until cooked. Pour into colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside to let cool.
- Add bell pepper, carrots, cucumber, broccoli and green onion to a large bowl or pot.
- Peel 4 cooled hard boiled eggs, rinse with cold water and slice into 1/4″ slices. Add to bowl. Save the other 2 eggs for garnishing finished salad.
- Chop cooled potatoes into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl.
- Add dressing and mix. You may have to add more mayonnaise to get the right consistency. You can also add more mustard or steak sauce if you would like the flavor to have a little more zip.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- When you have the desired flavor and consistency, transfer salad to an appropriate sized bowl. Peel and slice the remaining 2 eggs and place on top of the salad as a garnish.
- Sprinkle a little paprika over top of the salad if desired.
Potato Cutlets Ingredients:
- 5 medium-size potatoes, washed thoroughly
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 10 cilantro leaves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons bread crumbs
- oil for frying
How to make Potato Cutlets:
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan, fill with water, and place over high heat. Bring to a boil; cook until potatoes are soft and tender. Drain, cool, and peel potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add salt, garam masala, coriander powder, pepper, and cilantro. Mash with a large fork or potato masher until there are no lumps. Shape potatoes into flat cutlets, about 2 or 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. Coat each cutlet lightly in bread crumbs, and set aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry potato cutlets in batches until golden brown on both sides. Between batches, add oil as needed.
Aloo Gosht Ingredients
1 Kg. Mutton
- ½ kg Potato -peeled and cut into pieces of 1 to 2 inches.
- ¼ tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
- 1 tsp. chili (Lal Mirch) powder
- 3 tbs. coriander (Dhaniya) seeds powder
- 2-3 medium onion –chopped or sliced
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tbs. ginger (Adrak) paste
- 1 tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 6-8 cloves (Laung)
- 6-8 black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 2 black cardamom (Bari Ilaichi)
- 1-1½ tsp. salt (according to taste)
- 1 cup fresh coriander (Dhaniya) leaves
- 2-3 green chilies – chopped
- 1-2 Lemon
How to make Aloo Gosht
- Fry the onion in oil till brown. Remove the onion and grind.
- Add haldi, dhaniya, mirch, garlic, ginger and salt in the oil. Fry with little water till it dries.
- Add mutton and ground onion and cook till water dries again.
- Add 3 to 4 glasses of water, cover and cook till the meat tenderizes.
- When meat is almost done add potatoes and cook till the potatoes are cooked and the required gravy is left. Cook throughout on low heat.
- Garnish with fresh dhaniya, green chilies and lemon.
- Serve with naan.
Serving: 6 – 8 persons
Ingredients for Baked Potato Chips
Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 pounds russet potatoes,cut into 1/4inchtick slices
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- freshly ground pepper
How to make Baked Potato Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 Lightly coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray;set aside.put potatoes, oil 1 tablespoon salt, and the cayenne in a large bowl season with pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Arrange potato slices on prepared baking sheet,spacing them 1/4 inch apart.
- Bake rotating sheets halfway through,until potatoes are crisp and golden brown,about 30 minutes.
- Spread out potatoes on parchment paper let dry 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired.
Bouncing Potato Ingredients:
Potatoes 1 kilogram (boil and mash)
- Gram flour ¼ kilogram
- Mustard seeds ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds ½ teaspoon (roast and grind coarsely)
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies 4 chop fine
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch cut fine
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Dalda or your choice of cooking oil for deep frying
Chutney for Bouncing Potato
- Tamarind ¼ kilogram
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Sugar 2 tablespoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Dry ginger powder ½ teaspoon
- Asafoetida (heeng) a pinch
How to make Bouncing Potato
- Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of hot water for 20 minutes. Take out the seeds and mix well with the ingredients. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add all the spices to the mashed potatoes; make small balls. Mix gram flour with water into a thick batter. Add in the salt and red chillies and mix well. Cover potato balls with the batter of gram flour. Deep fry till golden brown. Eat with chutney while hot.
Ingredients for Potato with Spring Onion Bhaji
Small new Potatoes 1/2 kilogram
- Spring Onions(finely chopped) 12 bunch
- Whole Coriander 56 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Few small Red Chillies(whole)
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil 45 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to make Potato with Spring Onion Bhaji
- Wash the potatoes well and cut them in two pieces.
- While washing most of the loose skin will come off so you don’t have to peel them.
- Fry onion and red chillies to light golden brown.
- Add the salt,whole coriander,turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
- Fry for a little while with some water.
- Add the potatoes.
- Cover and let it cook on a slow fire stirring occasionally.
- When the potatoes are tender,fry for a few minutes more and serve hot as side dish.
Ingredients for Aloo Bhujia
1/4 cup Oil
- 250 gramss Potatoes peeled and finely sliced
- 2 Onions sliced2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 10 12 Red Chillies whole
- 1 teaspoon Salt
How to make Aloo Bhujia
- Heat the oil.
- Fry the onions and red chillies together.
- When the onions are brown,remove them and the red chillies with a slotted spoon.
- Let them cool slightly, then crush them lightly with your hands.
- In the same oil fry the potatoes till they are light golden in color.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, stir and fry till the oil separates.
- Return the crushed onions and red chillies to the pan.
- Cover the pan and simmer over a low heat.