Recipes for potato
Pimiento Potato Salad Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
How to make Pimiento Potato Salad
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, celery, onion, pimientos, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Add potatoes and bacon; stir to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Pimiento Potato Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Tangy Potato Salad with Bacon Ingredients
12 medium red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
How to make Tangy Potato Salad with Bacon
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Peel and slice potatoes; combine with onion, eggs, pickles and parsley in a large salad bowl. Set aside. Heat chicken broth until warm; remove from the heat. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix until smooth. Pour over potato mixture and mix lightly. Cover and chill. Just before serving, gently stir in tomatoes and bacon.
- Tangy potato salad with bacon recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:25 Min
Ready In:25 Min
Aloo Matar keema Recipe Ingredients:
- Minced meat – 200 grms
- Ginger and Gralic paste : 10 tsp
- Onion – 1 ( chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 ( Chopped)
- Capsicum Pepper – 1 ( chopped) optional
- Coriander Leaves – 1 handful ( Optional)
- Salt – taste
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 2 tsp ( Or according to taste )
- Green peas – 1/2 cup ( frozen ), can use fresh green peas, but have to cook it before adding to the dish.
- Oil – To fry
How to make Aloo Matar keema Recipe:
- Heat the oil and fry the onions, tomatoes and ginger and garlic , Fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Then make it cool and then grind it into fine paste, by adding water.
- If you are using coriander leaves, add it now and grind it into paste ( this is optional)
Potato Stuffed Green Peppers Ingredients:
- 4 lg. Green bell peppers
- 1/2 c. Onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. Dried crumbled chives
- 2 c. Mashed potatoes
- 2 c. Tomato sauce
How to make Potato Stuffed Green Peppers:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice away pepper tops below stems. Remove seeds and interior spines. Gently parboil peppers about 5 minutes. Drain upside down. Set peppers aside. Saute onions and red pepper in oil until soft. Add seasonings and mix well into mashed potatoes. Carefully stuff peppers, set them in a deep- sided baking dish. Pour tomato sauce around base of peppers. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes covered. Uncover, and bake 5 minutes longer. Serve warm. Total Calories Per Serving: 197 Fat: 8 grams This article was originally published in the September/October 1993 issue of the Vegetarian Journal, published by The Vegetarian Resource Group. From Bobbi Pasternak. rfvc Digest V94 Issue #204, Sept. 22, 1994. Formatted by Sue Smith using MMCONV.
Summer Potato Salad with Tomatoes Carrots and Olives Ingredients:
- 12 ounces cooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 can black olives
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 (8 ounces) bottle Italian dressing
How to make Summer Potato Salad with Tomatoes Carrots and Olives:
This is one of the easy summer pasta salad recipes with Italian dressing for those who love italian pastas that you can try at home. All you need is to combine all the ingredients (except pasta) – mushroom, olives, broccoli, carrots, cheddar, mozzarella and Italian dressing in a large mixing bowl. Toss well and cover lid. Marinade in the refrigerator to bring out the best flavor of the ingredients. One hour before serving, add cooked pasta and mix with a wooden spatula. Chill for one hour and serve.
Potato tuna salad Ingredients:
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup flaked light meat tuna
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup minced cornichon pickle
How to make Potato tuna salad:
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water (by about 2 inches). Set over medium-high heat and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Remove the potatoes from the water and allow to cool.
- Cut the potatoes in half and place in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, champagne vinegar, mayonnaise, and sea salt. Fold the dressing, tuna, red onion, and cornichon pickle into the potatoes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Beef and Potato Curry Ingredients:
- Ghee or Cooking oil: ½ Cup
- Boneless beef stew meat: 2 Pounds
- Chopped Onions (Preferably ground): 2 Cup
- Salt: ¾ teaspoon
- Ground Lal Mirch (Cayenne Pepper): 1 teaspoon
- Minced Garlic: 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped Hari Mirch (Fresh Cayenne or Serrano): 2
- Ginger Chopped: 1 Inch
- Turmeric Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: 2 Tablespoon
- Coriander Powder: 1 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon stick: About 1 of 1″ long broken
- Whole Cloves: 6
- Bay Leaf: 2
- Black Cardamom pods: 2
- Water: 5 Cups
- Degi Mirch (Paprika): 2 teaspoons
- Potatoes: 4 Medium peeled, quartered.
How to make Beef and Potato Curry:
- In a heavy pot, heat oil. Add Beef continue frying till all the beef is brown. With a slotted spoon, remove the meat and set it aside.
- Add onions, salt, cayenne pepper. Sauté till onions are clear and the edges start to turn brown.
- Add garlic, ginger and Serrano. Sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add Turmeric, cumin, coriander. Sauté about 30 second.
- Add brazed beef, and remaining ingredients.
- Bring it to a near boil till you see many tiny bubble form at bottom and rise to top. You do not want it to come top a boil. Cover. Simmer on medium heat for 40 minutes or till the beef is tender.
- Add Potatoes. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat. Cover. Simmer 20 minutes.
Mashed Potatoes Ingredients:
- 3 pounds potatoes
- water to cover
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How to make Mashed Potatoes:
- Directions for mashed potatoes
- Peel potatoes and cut into large pieces. Cover and cook in boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes. Put potatoes through a ricer or mash in a large mixing bowl until no lumps remain. Add milk in small amounts, beating after each addition, until desired consistency is reached. Add butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper, beating until mashed potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Makes enough mashed potatoes for 6 to 8.
Potato Wedges Ingredients:
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cut into large wedges
- 1 T. oil
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/8 t. salt (I usually use more and I like to use seasoned salt)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
How to make Potato Wedges:
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; add cold water to cover. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 – degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain potatoes. Pat dry with two towels.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Sprinkle with oil, pepper, and salt; toss gently to combine. Arrange seasoned potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, turn potatoes; sprinkle with garlic. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes, turning baking sheet after 10 minutes for even browning. Serve immediately with ketchup.
Delicious Ham and Potato Soup Ingredients
3 1/2 cups Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup Celery diced
- 1/3 cup Onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Ham cubed
- 3 1/4 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Bouillon granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 5 tablespoons Flour all purpose
- 2 cups Milk
How to make Delicious Ham and Potato Soup
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.