Recipes for potato
Potato Pickle Ingredients:
- 250 gms potatoes, slightly boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 25 gms chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 13 gms garlic, crushed
- 13 gms methi (fenugreek) seeds, powdered
- 2 lemons
- 50 gms oil
- 2 1/2 gms mustard seeds
- 2-3 red chilies
- A pinch of asafoetida
How to make Potato Pickle
- Pat dry the potato pieces with a cloth or paper towel and place in a clean bowl; add chili powder, salt, crushed garlic, methi seeds powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan; add red chilies, mustard seeds, asafoetida and pour over the potato pieces.
- Finally add lemon juice; mix well and store in an air-tight container.
- After 3 days, mix the mixture well.
Potato Pickle is ready to serve.
Sweet Potato Mash Ingredients:
3 to 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- cinnamon, to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
How to make Sweet Potato Mash
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender. Let cool slightly; peel. Mash with salt, butter, and maple syrup. Add cinnamon to taste then continue to mash with the milk or half-and-half to desired consistency.
Sweet Potato Mash is ready to serve.
Serves 4 to
Potato Chip Chicken Strips Ingredients
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (12 ounces) potato chips, crushed
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salsa, barbecue sauce or sweet-and-sour sauce
How to make Potato Chip Chicken Strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and seasonings. Place crushed potato chips in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken strips in sour cream mixture, then coat with potato chips. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with salsa or sauce.
Potato Chip Chicken Strips is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Baked Potato Soup Ingredients:
- 12 slices bacon
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make Baked Potato Soup:
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.uu
Potato Cheese Soup Ingredients
3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
How to make Potato Cheese Soup
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water and salt to your boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Don’t drain; mash slightly.
- Stir in milk.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, blend the butter, flour, parsley and pepper; stir to the potato mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove in the heat; add cheese and stir until almost melted.
Potato Cheese Soup is ready to serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 30 min.
Cucumber Potato Soup Ingredients
4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, diced and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- Additional pepper and salt to taste
How to make Cucumber Potato Soup
- In a very large saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water until very soft.
- Place sieve over the large bowl.
- Pour potatoes and liquid into sieve and force potatoes through. Return to saucepan.
- Stir in cucumber, pepper, cream, milk and onion.
- Simmer gently for around 5 minutes or until cucumber is tender.
- Add dill, salt and pepper.
Cucumber Potato Soup is ready to serve hot or cold.
yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Potato and Green Bean Salad Ingredients:
1 pound small new potatoes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
How to make Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt,
cover pan, and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the potatoes are about 2/3
done, about 14 minutes. Add the green beans and boil until both beans and
potatoes are just cooked. Let cool until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes, leaving their skins on; place in a large bowl. Cut the green beans into 1-inch lengths and add to the potatoes. Add the onion rings, green pepper, celery, and parsley. In a small bowl, combine well the oil, vinegar, and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently but well. Serve at room temperature.
Potato and Green Bean Salad is ready to serve.
Caesar Potato Salad Ingredients
1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 slices French bread shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes shopping list
- 3 tbsp dry vermouth shopping list
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tsp anchovy paste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions shopping list
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley shopping list
- romaine lettuce leaves (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 c. grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make Caesar Potato Salad
- Combine oil and garlic; let stand 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brush 1 1/2 tsp oil mixture over bread; cut into cubes. Place bread cubes in a
single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes or until toasted.
- Steam potatoes, covered, 18 minutes or until tender. Let cool; cut into 1/4 inch
slices. Combine potato slices and vermouth; toss gently to coat.
- Combine remaining oil mixture, vinegar, and next 7 ingredients ( vinegar
through parsley) in a bowl. Pour dressing over potatoes; toss gently to coat.
Cover and chill.
- Serve in lettuce lined bowl, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese and croutons.
- Caesar Potato Salad is ready to serve.
10 minutes to make
Spicy Potato Salad Ingredients
4 Medium-size white or red
- 3 Eggs; finely chopped
- 1/4 c Finely chopped onions
- 1/4 c Finely chopped bell peppers
- 2 ts Ground red pepper
- 2 ts Prepared mustard
- 1/4 ts White pepper
- Green onion salad dressing
How to make Spicy Potato Salad
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, mixing well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spicy Potato Salad is ready to serve.
Potato Pea Salad Ingredients
9 unpeeled small red potatoes (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- Dash paprika
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
How to make Potato Pea Salad
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool; slice potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, onions, 1 teaspoon parsley, basil, salt, seasoning blend and paprika. Add the potatoes, peas and red pepper; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Potato Pea Salad is ready to serve.
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
Yield: 6 servings.