Recipes for pizza
Hot and Spicy Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 quantity Pizza Dough or pizza mix made according to manufacturers instructions.
- 1 (2 ounce) can of Tomato Puree or Spicy Pizza Sauce
- Any Meat of your choice (optional) (cooked as prefered)
- 4 ounces of Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Red Onion (sliced in rings)
- 2 ounces of Pickled Jalapenos
- 3 tsp. Dried Oregano
How to make Hot and Spicy Pizza:
- Roll out dough into 2 or 4 equal portions, spread with tomato puree or pizza sauce.
- Add meat (if using) and mozzarella cheese , sprinkle with oregano and top with red onion and jalapenos.
- Bake at 230 degrees celcius for around 10-13 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove pizza from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing
Tandoori Potato Pizza Ingredients:
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 80mls (1/3 cup} olive oil
- 1 25cm Lebanese bread round
- 2 medium (about 320g} desiree potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked
How to make Tandoori Potato Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Finely chop 2 of the garlic cloves, sprinkle with a pinch of salt then crush the chopped garlic with the flat side of a knife blade. Combine the garlic and 2 tbs of the olive oil in a small bowl. Place the Lebanese bread on the lined baking tray and brush with the garlic oil.
- Finely slice the remaining garlic cloves, and combine with the sliced potatoes in a medium bowl. Add remaining olive oil and thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Arrange the potato and garlic mixture over the bread. Drizzle with any remaining olive oil and thyme leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden and potatoes are tender. Serve immediately with a tomato and rocket salad, if desired.
- Bring on spring with gorg
Margherita Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) canned crushed tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to make Margherita Pizza Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and simmer, stirring frequently until reduced to about 3/4 cup, 10 to 12 minutes. Taste for seasoning and cool.
- Makes enough sauce for one 14-inch pizza. It can be doubled if you’re making more than one pizza (as I did for my pizza party), but you’ll need to let it simmer longer to reduce. For a triple batch, I let it simmer about 25 minutes.
Margherita Pizza Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crusts
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Fontina cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
How to make Margherita Pizza:
Stir together olive oil, garlic, and salt; toss with tomatoes, and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato marinade. Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with Mozzarella and Fontina cheeses. Arrange tomatoes overtop, then sprinkle with shredded basil, Parmesan, and feta cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Shrimp Pizza with Pesto Ingredients:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- All-purpose flour
- Yellow cornmeal
- 1 pound bakery pizza dough
- 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to make Shrimp Pizza with Pesto:
- Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° (medium heat).
- Peel shrimp, and slice in half lengthwise; devein, if desired.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Sauté shrimp in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Add shrimp to onion mixture, and toss.
- Lightly sprinkle flour and cornmeal on a large surface. Place dough on surface, and roll to a 1/4-inch thickness. Carefully transfer pizza dough to a cutting board or baking sheet lightly sprinkled with flour and cornmeal.
- Slide pizza dough from cutting board or baking sheet onto cooking grate; spread 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto evenly over crust, and top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, at 350° (medium heat) 4 minutes. Rotate pizza one-quarter turn, and grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 more minutes or until pizza crust is cooked. Serve immediately.
Egg Pizza with Pepperoni and Cheese Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1 pre-baked pizza shell (400 g size)
- ¼ cup Caesar salad dressing (thicker refrigerator style works best)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella, divided
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 2 bocconcini balls, cut into thin slices (1 ½ oz.)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
How to make Egg Pizza with Pepperoni and Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza shell on an unrimmed sheet pan or pizza wheel. Spread Caesar dressing over pizza base. Sprinkle base with ¾ cups of mozzarella cheese. Top with pepperoni, bocconcini and basil.
- Carefully pour beaten eggs over toppings. Sprinkle remaining cheese over pizza.
- Gently slide pizza directly onto rack in oven. Bake 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and the eggs are set.
Gourmet Tandoori Chicken Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 tbs tandoori paste
- 1 tbs plain yoghurt
- 1 large (about 200g) chicken breast fillet
- 1 24cm pre-cooked pizza base with sauce (Don Emilio’s or Boboli brand)
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bocconcini cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs plain yoghurt, extra, to serve
- 1 tbs fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
How to make Gourmet Tandoori Chicken Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine tandoori paste and yoghurt in a small bowl. Spread the tandoori paste mixture over the chicken breast fillet to coat well.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove the chicken from the frying pan and cool slightly. Cut the chicken across the grain into 5mm-thick slices.
- Place the pizza base onto a baking tray and arrange the chicken slices, onion, and bocconcini on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the bocconcini is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the extra yoghurt. Garnish with the coriander leaves.
Tandoori mutton mince pizza Ingredients:
- 1 quantity Basic pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 250g mutton mince
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1/3 cup plain natural yogurt
- 2/3 cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 20g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- lemon wedges, to serve
How to make Tandoori mutton mince pizza:
- Make pizza dough. Roll dough out to form two 35cm x 15cm bases. Place bases on a greased baking tray. Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add tandoori paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon yogurt.
- Sprinkle cheese over bases. Top with mince mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bases are crisp. Sprinkle with spinach. Drizzle with remaining yogurt. Serve with lemon wedges.
Okonomiyaki Japanese Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 Okonomiyaki Kit
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 6 paper-thin sliced pork
- Okonomi sauce
- Kewpie Mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 packet Katsuobushi (optional)
How to make Okonomiyaki Japanese Pizza:
Add water and yam powder (smallest white packet included in Kit) in a large bowl and mix until yam powder is dissolved. Add the packet of okonomiyaki batter mix (transparent packet included in Kit) and blend until dissolved. Add shredded cabbage, green onion, tempura crisps (largest white packet included in Kit), and eggs into batter, then lightly mix with spoon. Be careful not to over mix and make batter too sticky. Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a frying pan or hot plate, and spread the batter into a circular shape approximately 6 inches in diameter. Cook for approximately 3 minutes (until bottom is golden brown). Add the sliced pork to the top of okonomiyaki pancake. Flip the okonomiyaki with pork side down, and use spatulas to round the edges. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes (make sure pork is cooked all the way). Flip the okonomiyaki once more and cook an additional 3 minutes. When it has been cooked to the center, place it on the plate. Generously spread Kewpie Mayonnaise and Okonomi Sauce on top. Sprinkle katsuobushi and aonori (green packet included in Kit) and serve.
Turkish Pizza Ingredients:
- For the dough
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups strong white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- olive oil
- for the topping
- 1tblsp butter
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 tomato skinned and chopped – boil kettle and pour over tomato let stand for 2 min, remove and peel
- salt and sugar to taste
- 225g/8oz minced lamb
- 2 tbl spoons tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika flakes
- squeeze of lemon juice
How to make it Turkish Pizza:
- Or the dough – dilute sugar in water and sprinkle yeast on top, let stand for a few min till frothy.
- sift flour and salt into a bowl and make a well
- add yeast mix and tablespoon olive oil
- combine gradually till it creates a firm dough ( adding a little more warm water if necessary
- or flour if sticky )
- knead dough on a floured surface for 10 min ir until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- smear a drop of olive oil around a bowl and roll the dough in it
- cover with damp cloth and let stand in a warm place for about an hour or till doubled in size.
- for the topping
- saute onions in the butter
- add chopped tomato and cook till dry
- add salt and sugar to taste and set aside to cool
- put the meat in a bowl
- add the tomato paste, paprika and lemon juice
- work mix into a paste with your hands
- punch back the risen dough, knead for 2-3 min
- cut into 6
- preheat oven to 230C/450F/gas mark 8
- roll each piece into a ball and roll out into a very thin round
- place on a well greased baking sheet
- spread a thin layer of the meat mix over each one
- leave to rest for 10 min.
- bake in oven for 10-15min until brown and crispy
- serve immediately with tomato, lettuce, onion and parsley salad, with liberally squeezed lemon juice