Recipes for pickle
Date Pickle Ingredients:
- 500 gm Dates
- 1/2 Cup red chili powder
- 1/2 Cup garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 5 tsp Oil
How to make Date Pickle
- Soak the dates in water for 1 week, in the refrigerator.
- After 7 days, the dates will be very soft.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and then strain them.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, red chili powder and salt.
- Then add the date paste and cook for 5 min.
- Remove it and cool.
Date pickle or Khajoor ka Achar is ready to serve.
Potato Pickle Ingredients:
- 250 gms potatoes, slightly boiled, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 25 gms chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 13 gms garlic, crushed
- 13 gms methi (fenugreek) seeds, powdered
- 2 lemons
- 50 gms oil
- 2 1/2 gms mustard seeds
- 2-3 red chilies
- A pinch of asafoetida
How to make Potato Pickle
- Pat dry the potato pieces with a cloth or paper towel and place in a clean bowl; add chili powder, salt, crushed garlic, methi seeds powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan; add red chilies, mustard seeds, asafoetida and pour over the potato pieces.
- Finally add lemon juice; mix well and store in an air-tight container.
- After 3 days, mix the mixture well.
Potato Pickle is ready to serve.
Cauliflower Pickle Ingredients
- 1 kg Cauliflower
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- a pinch of Asafoetida
- Juice of 5 Lemons
- 2-3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds(roasted)
- 2 tsp Table salt
How to make Cauliflower Pickle
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces of 1 cm each.
- Wash the pieces under running water.
- Soak the pieces in salted water t5aken in a vessel for at least 10 min, then drain the water.
- Now heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add cauliflower pieces.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and then add turmeric powder and chilli powder to it . Cook for 2 min more.
- Put off the flame and then add the fenugreek. Stir and add the lemon juice.
- Allow to cool , kept tight in a jar and serve when necessary.
Cauliflower Pickle is ready to serve.
Arbi Pickle Ingredients:
½ Kg Arbi
- 2 Tsp Ground Methi Seeds
- 4½ Tsp Ground Spices
- 1½ Cup Mustard Oil
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- 4 Tsp Ground Aniseed
- 3 Tsp Red Chili Pepper
- 4 Tsp Salt
- 1½ Cups Vinegar
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 1 Small Piece Mace
How to make Arbi Pickle
- Boil the arbi in salted water for 20 mins.
- Drain the water and let it cool.
- Peel the outer skin and again fry it in the hot oil until brown.
- Add vinegar, ground spices, aniseed, red chili pepper, methi, salt, lemon juice, grated nutmeg, and mace.
- Cool and place the whole thing in an airtight jar.
Arbi Pickle is ready to serve.
Cabbage Pickle Ingredients
- Grated cabbage – 2cups
- Red chillipowder – 3tsp
- Salt – 3tsp
- Mustard powder – 3tsp
- Garlic pods – 6
- Oil – 4tsp
How to make Cabbage Pickle
- Sprinkle salt to grated cabbage and leave it aside for 30min or so.
- Squeeze out the water from cabbage completely.
- Now add red chillipowder,mustard powder and finely chopped garlic and oil to it accordingly.
- This pickle tastes crunchy and great after 6hrs with rice or chapathis.
Cabbage Pickle is ready to serve.
Brinjal Pickle Ingredients
- 1 kg long brinjals washed and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup refined oil
- 2 pods garlic, ground or chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger ground or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 cups vinegar (white)
- 1-1 1/2 cups sugar (as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons salt
How to make Brinjal Pickle
- Soak the chilli powder, cumin seeds, mustard powder, fenugreek seeds and turmeric powder in the vinegar for at least 1/2 an hour. Grind together.
- 2 Heat the oil in the pan and fry the ground spices, ginger and garlic in it for 10-15 minutes.
- 3 Add the salt and sugar.
- 4 Bring to the boil and add the brinjals. Stir well and continue to cook on a very slow fire till the brinjals are cooked and the mixture has thickened.
- 5 Cool, bottle and store in a dry place.
Brinjal pickle is ready to serve immediately.
Drumstick Pickle Ingredients:
1 teaspoon methi seeds (fenugreek)
- 3 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 20 dry chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons pickle powder (any brand)
- 100 g tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 15 vegetable drumsticks
- 3 whole garlic
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons gingelly oil
How to make Drumstick Pickle
- Cut the drumsticks in medium pieces.
- Steam them in idle plates for 5 minutes.
- Peel garlic and leave it whole (dont cut/chop).
- Grind methi, mustard, dry chilli and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, pickle powder, ground paste, salt and steamed drumsticks.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Cool it, add vinegar and gingley oil.
- Mix well.
- Soak for 3 days.
Drumstick Pickle is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Apple Refrigerator Pickle Ingredients
1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 6 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- How to make Apple Refrigerator Pickle Recipe
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
How to make Apple Refrigerator Pickle
- Place the water, cider vinegar, sugar, allspice, clove, nutmeg, and ginger into a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice, and pack into two sterilized 1 quart canning jars with lids and rings. Pour the boiling syrup over the apples, and affix the lids and rings.
- Allow the jars to stand at room temperature until cool. Once cool, ress the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Place in the refrigerator, and wait 1 week before opening.
- Apple Refrigerator Pickle is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:2 Min
Ready In:7 Days 2 Hrs 22 Min
Karela Achar Ingredients:
- 10 Fresh karela
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 Cup sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Methi seeds
- 10 Fresh green chilly
- 1 tsp Asafetida powder
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
How to make Karela Aachar:
- Wash karelas and wipe well with a cotton cloth.
- Split into two equal halves, lengthwise.
- Clean the inside and cut into very thin slices.
- Cut green chili into thin long slices. Mix with karela slices.
- Add 3 tbsp salt and rub into the karela and chilly slices with hand.
- Squeeze the slices till the water gets removed.
- Spread on a clean white cotton cloth and sun dry for a whole day.
- Heat 1 cup oil and fry curry leaves till brown and crispy. Remove and keep aside.
- Splutter mustard in oil and add methi seeds. Fry for a few seconds.
- Before the methi seeds turn brown, add the dried karela and green chillies.
- Fry till the karelas are crispy. Remove from fire.
- Add fried curry leaves, red chilli powder, salt and asafetida powder.
- Mix thoroughly till all the salt is dissolved.
- Pour into clean dry glass jars or bottles.
- Pour the remaining oil on top of the aachar in all the bottles.
- Keep for two days.
- Karela Achar is ready.
Instant Gajar ka Achar Ingredients:
- Carrots – 500 gm
- Green chili – 100 gm
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Mustard oil – 150 gm
- Asafetida – 2 pinch (grinded)
- Salt – 4 small spoons
- Yellow mustard – 4 small spoons (grinded coarsely)
- Turmeric Powder – 3 small spoons
- Red chili – 1 small spoon
How to make Instant Gajar ka Achar:
- Wash the carrots and peel them. Cut them length wise. Wash the green chili, break their stems and cut them length wise too. Wash the ginger, peel and cut it finely.
- Put oil in the frying pan and heat it. Turn off the burner. First put asafetida into the hot oil and then the turmeric powder. Mix with a stirring spoon. Add carrots, green chili, ginger, salt, red chili powder and yellow mustard and then mix them all properly.
- The Carrot Pickle is ready. Fill the pickle in a glass container. Stir and turn the pickle with a dry and clean stirring spoon everyday for 3 to 4 days. The pickle would be ready after this period. Now you can take out the carrot pickle and eat it whenever you want to. You can store this pickle for one month in winters and for 15 days in summers.
- If you want to store this pickle for longer duration, then put enough oil in the pickle to submerged it fully. Always use a clean and dry spoon to take out the pickle.