Recipes for pecans
Spiced Pecans Ingredients
1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to make Spiced Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl beat the egg white with the water. Stir in the pecans, mixing until well moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the moistened nuts. Spread nuts on prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Be careful not to overcook and burn the nuts.
- Spiced Pecans is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:40 Min
Dried Cherries Pecans and Rosemary Brie En Croute Ingredients
1/2 (17.3 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, softened*
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 (13.2 ounce) round Brie cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Entertaining Cracker Quartet Collection
How to make Dried Cherries Pecans and Rosemary Brie En Croute
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it’s easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Stir the cherries, pecans, honey and rosemary in a small bowl. Spread the cherry mixture into the center of the pastry square. Top with the cheese round. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture. Fold two opposite sides of the pastry over the cheese. Trim the remaining two sides of the pastry square to 2-inches from the edge of the cheese. Fold the sides up onto the cheese and press the edges to seal. Place the pastry-wrapped cheese seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture.
- Decorate the top with pastry scraps or additional rosemary, if desired. Brush the pastry with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown. Let stand for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve with the crackers.
- Dried Cherries Pecans and Rosemary Brie En Croute Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs
Sugar Coated Pecans Recipe Ingredients
1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Sugar Coated Pecans Recipe
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Sugar Coated Pecans Recipe is ready to serve.
Lemon Bar Trifle ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ cups Domino® or C&H® Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- ? cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make Lemon Bar Trifle
- In a small bowl, combine flour and pecans; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and flour. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Crumble the baked pecan mixture; set aside ½ cup for topping.
- Just before serving, in a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer 1 cup each pecan mixture, lemon mixture and cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Lemon Bar Trifle is ready to serve.
yields: 9 servings