Recipes for peanuts
Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients
1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound skinless peanuts
How to make Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Stir together the sugar, chipotle powder, chili powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together the butter, honey, and kosher salt in a large saucepan over medium heat until the butter has melted, and the mixture is bubbly. Stir in the peanuts until well coated, then pour out into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the nuts are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Stir the mixture 2 or 3 times to ensure even cooking. Once done, scrape the peanuts into a large metal bowl, and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Toss the peanuts to evenly coat with the spice mixture. Allow the peanuts to cool to room temperature, tossing every few minutes so the nuts do not stick together.
- Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:35 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 50 Min
Boiled Peanuts Ingredients
2 to 3 pounds fresh green peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups salt
How to make Boiled Peanuts
- Put the peanuts and the salt in a large stockpot. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. To check whether they are done, pull 1 or 2 peanuts out of the pot and crack them open. When they are soft, they are done. If they are still slightly crunchy, they are not done yet, If they are not salty enough, leave them in the salted water and turn off the heat. When they are done, drain and serve immediately.
- Boiled Peanuts is ready to serve.
Prep 1 min
Cook 3 hr 0 min
Total: 3 hr 1 min
Spicy Barbecue Peanuts Ingredients
1 1/4 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp fruit chutney
- 2 tbsp oil
Spicy Barbecue Sauce:
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
How to make Spicy Barbecue Peanuts
- Blend the peanuts and rice until finely chopped. Add onion, eggs, peanut butter, curry powder and chutney and blend again until well combined. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Flour your hands and shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the patties, cook for about 5 minutes until browned on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with the spicy sauce.
- For the Sauce: Blend the cornflour and water in a small pan, add all other ingredients and stir over high heat for about three minutes until mixture boils and thickens.
- Spicy Barbecue Peanuts Recipe is ready to serve.
Brown rice salad with peanuts Ingredients:
- 1?1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 ounces dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 ounces frozen snow peas, thawed and pat dry
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to make Brown rice salad with peanuts:
- Bring water to boil over high heat in small saucepan. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Rinse rice with cold water; drain well.
- Meanwhile, place large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanuts; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant and beginning to brown. Transfer to medium bowl. Stir in water chestnuts, snow peas, onion, bell pepper and raisins. Stir in rice.
- Combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce and pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Add vinegar mixture to rice mixture; toss to coat.