Recipes for pea salad
Pea Salad Ingredients
1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
How to make Pea Salad
- In a bowl, combine the peas, cheese and onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Pea Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Ready In:10 Min
Zucchini and Pea Salad Ingredients
6 medium (600 g) zucchini
- 200 g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup frozen minted peas, pour boiling water over to thaw
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh mint
- Juice 1 large lemon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
How to make Zucchini and Pea Salad
- Cut the zucchini into long, thin strips. Place the zucchini, feta, drained peas and pine nuts into a salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well and pour over salad. Seasoning with salt is optional as feta is quite salty.
Zucchini and Pea Salad is ready to serve.
Sweet Pea Salad Ingredients
1 can of Lesueur English peas, drained shopping list
- 1 can of sweet whole kernel corn, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet vidalia onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup Nanny’s sweet pickles, diced shopping list
- 3 boiled eggs, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup real mayo shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Tony Chachere’s Seasoning to taste shopping list
- Nanny’s sweet pickle recipe coming soon! Till then, I guess you can use the store bought kind… shopping list
How to make Sweet Pea Salad
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, stir, taste, add a little of this, a little of that, taste, taste again, one more time, ok you can stop now… stop… STOP TASTING! There won’t be any left for supper! and refrigerate till chilled.
- Sweet Pea Salad is ready to serve.
Serves = 8
Potato Pea Salad Ingredients
9 unpeeled small red potatoes (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- Dash paprika
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
How to make Potato Pea Salad
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool; slice potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, onions, 1 teaspoon parsley, basil, salt, seasoning blend and paprika. Add the potatoes, peas and red pepper; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Potato Pea Salad is ready to serve.
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet Pea Pasta Salad Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) package bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 8 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
- 8 ounces diced fully cooked lean ham
- 8 ounces cubed sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, for garnish
How to make Sweet Pea Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the bow tie pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse well with cold water, then toss with the olive oil, and set aside.
- Stir the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, dried dill, cayenne pepper, and salt until smooth. Fold in the onion, peas, ham, Cheddar cheese, and bow tie pasta. Garnish with the dill sprigs to serve.
- Sweet Pea Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:35 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:50 Min
Sesame Udon Noodles Ingredients
2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 cups diagonally sliced snap peas
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (7 ounce) package fresh udon noodles
How to make Sesame Udon Noodles
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce. Close the lid, and shake vigorously to blend. Set aside to let the flavors blend.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add udon noodles, and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, and place in a serving bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the green, red, and yellow peppers with green onion and peas. Heat in the microwave until warm, but still crisp. Add to the noodles in the bowl, and pour the dressing over all. Toss to coat everything in dressing, then sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top.
- Sesame Udon Noodles is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:3 Min
Ready In:23 Min
Chicken Berry Salad Ingredients
1 (.75 ounce) packet honey mustard salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
How to make Chicken Berry Salad
- In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing according to package directions, using vinegar and oil, and substituting orange juice for the water; set aside.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, salad greens, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peas, and pecans. Pour in the prepared dressing, and toss to coat.
- Chicken Berry Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:35 Min
Tofu Salad Ingredients
1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
How to make Tofu Salad
- In a large bowl, mix the chili sauce, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Place tofu in the mixture, and marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Immerse the snow peas in the boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then immerse in a a bowl of cold water. Drain, and set aside.
- Toss the peas, carrots, cabbage, and peanuts with the tofu and marinade to serve.
- Tofu Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:2 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 20 Min
Almond Chicken Salad Ingredients
4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
How to make Almond Chicken Salad
- In a large bowl, mix together the onions, carrot, red pepper, peas, chicken, cilantro and almonds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and dry mustard until smooth. Pour over salad mixture and toss until coated. Serve in pita pockets or on a bed of lettuce.
- Almond Chicken Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Crunchy Pea Salad Ingredients
8 slices bacon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Crunchy Pea Salad
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peas, celery, scallions and sour cream. Toss gently to mix.
- Just before serving, stir in cashews and bacon into salad. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crunchy Pea Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min