Recipes for paratha
Looking for authentic paratha Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +3,000 trusted paratha Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy paratha Recipes.Sponsored Links:
Chat Paratha Ingredients
maida 250 gm.
- potato (boiled) 5-6 no.
- khatti chatni 2 tbsp.
- mithi chatni 2-3 tbsp.
- besan 1/2 tbsp.
- salt as per taste
- turmeric 1/2 tsp.
- red chili 1/4 tsp.
- coriander powder 1/2 tsp.
- ghee/butter 1 tbsp.
How to make Chat Paratha
- Add ghee to Maida and knead with water like puree dough (slightly hard).
- Make a thin paratha with this particular dough.
- With the paratha turning brown on the girdle,
- Create a thick paste of besan, adding coriander powder, chili powder and salt.
- Add small cut bits of potato within this paste.
- Apply a layer of this paste to one side from the paratha, with paste beginning to stick turn over the paratha.
- Applying some ghee cook till golden brown.
Chat Paratha is ready to serve with Khatti and mithi chatni.
Layered Parathas Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
- Water to make dough
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup ghee (clarified butter)
How to make Layered Parathas
- Mix the flour and salt and knead into a soft dough with a little water at a time. Keep aside.
- Mix 3 tbsps of ghee with 1 tbsp of flour and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls. Divide each ball into 2 portions.
- Take each portion and roll into a long, finger-thick noodle shape.
- Coil the first shape into a spiral.
- Flour a rolling surface lightly and very gently roll out the spiral into a flat circle about 5″ in diameter (1/3″ thick).
- Grease the top surface with the ghee-flour mix.
- Roll the next shape in the same way and place over the first circle. This makes one Lachcha Paratha. Make up all the remaining dough the same way.
- Heat a flat pan on a medium flame.
- Fry each paratha like this: After placing it on the pan the first time, turn after 30 seconds. Spread ghee on the top surface and turn again. Grease the side now on top. Turn often and fry till crisp and golden.
- The resulting paratha will be crisp, layered and flaky.
- Layered Parathas is ready to serve.
Green Peas Paratha Ingredients:
- 2 cups Boiled Green Peas
- 3 cups Whole Meal Flour
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5 Green chillies
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Ghee for frying
- Water as required
How to make Green Peas Paratha:
- Grind the boiled green peas.
- Put a little ghee in a vessel and heat it to fry the cumin seeds.
Now add green chillies and fry for a minute and then add the crushed peas and salt.
- Again cook the mixture for 1 minute and keep aside to cool.
- Sieve the flour and add ghee to it.
- Make the dough by adding sufficient water.
- Knead the dough properly and roll out 10-12 pieces.
- Take a piece and flatten it.
- Put 1 tbsp of stuffing mixture in the center.
- Draw up the edges towards the center to cover the mixture properly.
- Again flatten it on a floured board to give the shape of a roti.
- Put the paratha on a preheated skillet.
- Turn after cooking for 1-2 minute.
- After a minute apply ghee around the edges and turn again.
- Fry till the brownish color appears on both sides.
- Green peas paratha is ready. Serve it with curd or pickle.
- Green Peas Paratha is ready to serve.
Makkai Paratha Ingredients
2 cups corn meal flour(makkai atta)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies – chopped
- 1/4th cup cilantro – chopped
- spices – garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dhana-jeeru –
- salt – to taste
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- Hot water to knead the flour
- Salted Butter to saute the parathas
How to make Makkai Paratha
- Take a frying pan, add 2 tbsp oil, jeera and chopped green chillies and allow to saute. Then add the ginger-garlic paste, sweet corn, chopped coriander, the dry spices, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- In a bowl, combine the maize and wheat flours, add the sauteed filling mixture, add oil and use hot water to knead into regular paratha like dough. Use your hands to keep kneading it a little more than regular dough because maize flour is more coarse hence needs more pressure to become soft and elastic. Keep covered with a damp cloth and leave so for 10-15 mins.
- Now make equal-sized balls out of the dough. Take each ball and roll it into a circular paratha using a rolling pin. The edges might look a little jagged, but that is normal with makkai atta. Saute the paratha on both sides in a pan on medium-to-high heat. Apply butter on both sides while sauteing. You can use margarine or oil, but butter gives the most flavor with corn. Cook on both sides till done.
- Makkai Paratha is ready to serve.
Paratha with Potato Stuffing Ingredients:
5 medium-sized boiled, peeled and well mashed potatoes
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2″ piece of fresh ginger grated fine
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsps vegetable, sunflower or canola oil
- Water to mix
How to make Paratha with Potato Stuffing
- Put the mashed potatoes, coriander and cumin powders, cumin seeds, turmeric, chilli powder, salt to taste, chopped fresh coriander and grated ginger into a large mixing bowl. Blend all ingredients well by stirring. Once well mixed, keep aside for later.
- Put the flour, oil/ghee and all the ingredients (except the water) into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub together to form a crumbly mix.
- Now slowly add water, a little at a time and knead well to make a smooth, pliable dough. Cover and set aside for an hour.
- Divide the dough into golf ball-sized portions and roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board or clean counter surface and roll each ball into a 5″ circle. Now take a tablespoon-full of the potato mix and spoon it into the centre of the circle you just made. Slowly lift the edges and bring together in the center to form a pouch. Press the ends together tightly to close the pouch. Once sealed, press down gently to flatten so that you have a flattened pouch.
- Lightly flour your rolling surface and roll this pouch into a 7-8″ circle. Don’t worry too much if the filling oozes out. This happens often but can be avoided by using a very light hand to roll out the paratha. Just gather up the filling and either keep aside or try to put it back into the paratha and pinch the dough to seal. Also if you’re just starting out with Aaloo Parathas, do not worry about getting the perfect round shape as it takes a little practice to achieve. Whatever the shape, it tastes just as good! For convenience roll out as many parathas as you like, stacking them, ready to cook with a layer of cling film between each paratha.
- Heat a griddle and fry the parathas one at a time like this: Put a paratha on the griddle. Do the first flip when you see tiny bubbles rise on the surface of the paratha. As soon as the first flip is done, drizzle a bit of oil on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha. Flip again in 30 seconds and drizzle oil on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with chilled yogurt and your favourite pickle or chutney.
- Paratha with Potato Stuffing is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Aloo ka Paratha Ingredients
2 boiled Potatoes
- 1 small finely chopped Onion (optional)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Small piece of Ginger (very finely chopped or grated)
- 1 or 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
- Salt Red Chili powder and Garam masala as per taste
How to make aaloo paratha :
- For the cover make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add all the stuffing items to mashed potatoes and mix it properly.
- Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one.
- Now roll it slightly. Put it in a pre-heated oven at 450-degree. Cover top oven grill with aluminum foil & Place Paratha over it for easy baking.
- When top side is done change the side and keep a check (till properly baked)
- Spread butter over it. Serve aloo paratha hot with yogurt (curd).
- Aloo ka Paratha is ready to serve.
Kabab Paratha Rolls Ingredients:
Minced meat 1/2 kg
- Onion 2 small chopped
- Salt 1 tsp
- Green chilies chopped
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Zeera 1/2 tsp
- Red chopped chilies 1 tsp
How to make Kabab Paratha Rolls
- Marinate with all given ingredients make kababs and bake for 30 mint at 200 degree (C) , dum for charcoal and deep it aside. Make paratha and fill it with kabab, onion rings and imeeli chutney. Roll out the paratha , serve it with green chutney.
- Kabab Paratha Rolls is ready to serve.
Methi ka Paratha Ingredients
4 cups Flour (Whole wheat)
- 2 cups Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Red Chilies(powder)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic(paste)
- ½ tsp. Ginger(paste)
- Salt to taste
How to make Methi ka Paratha
- Mix together flour, washed and cut methi leaves, red-chili powder, haldi and salt.
- Add half cup of oil, Ginger and garlic paste.
- Knead the the dough well while adding water.
- Make equal sized balls of dough. Roll the ball in dry flour and make a round paratha.
- Shallow fry on a griddle (tava) to golden brown.
- serve hot with pickle or tea.
- Methi ka Paratha is ready to serve.
Wheat Flour Paratha Ingredients :-
- 2 table spoon wheat flour
- one onion chopped
- 2 table spoon milk
- one chili chopped two strands of coriander leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- black pepper 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp butter
How to make Wheat Flour Paratha
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a beater ,put the wheat flour and milk and beat again( if required you may add some more milk so that the mixture could be spread easily on the flat pan) .add chopped onions ,chopped corriander along with salt, pepper powder ,green chili and a pinch of turmeric to give a yellow tint.
- Heat the pan ,Put little butter on it pour the content on the pan spread it with a spoon put it on low flame so that it becomes brown, then reverse the side of the paratha with flat laddie and let the other side be done too .serve it hot with tomato sauce
- Wheat Flour Paratha is ready to serve.
Roghani Paratha Ingredients
4 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red chillies
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp oregano (ajwain)
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp masala of any pickle available at home
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
How to make Roghani Paratha
- Mix well all the ingredients in the flour except oil and water. You can use more pickle masala to enhance the taste. Add the oil and mix well, now add a little water at a time and knead the flour. Add as little water as possible to form a dough that just sticks together, not as soft and wet as the dough for the regular roti. Form a large ball and roll out to make a thick roti, cook it on medium heat using a few teaspoons of oil to fry it.
- Roghani Paratha is ready to serve.