Recipes for palak raita
- 2 Cups Yogurt
- 1 Bunch Spinach
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ¼ Tsp Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
How to make Spinach Raita :
- Wash spinach thoroughly under tap water.
- Remove any tough stems and cut spinach into pieces.
- Boil spinach with little water till it becomes tender.
- Heat oil and fry the mustard seeds.
- Add cumin seeds, ground cumin and fenugreek seeds and fry.
- Remove from heat and mix in the yogurt.
- Add chili powder and stir this mixture into the spinach.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Spinach Raita is ready to serve.
- Spinach 2 medium bundles
- Spring onions 2 stalks
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Green chillies 2
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Skimmed milk yogurt 2 cups
- Black salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Oil ½ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
How to make Palak Raita:
- Clean, wash and chop spinach leaves.
- Clean, trim and chop spring onions with the greens.
- Peel, wash and finely chop garlic.
- Remove stems, wash, deseed and finely chop green chillies.
- Dry roast cumin seeds on a hot griddle plate (tawa) and grind to a fine powder.
- Whisk skimmed milk yogurt and black salt, roasted cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix well and chill in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add garlic and green chillies and stir-fry briefly.
- Add spinach and spring onion along with its greens and saute over high heat for three to four minutes.
- Stirring continuously.
- Season with salt and mix well.
- Continue to cook on high heat till spinach is almost dry.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix with seasoned yogurt just before serving.